TEAC compact CD receiver w/sub out, BT, DAC

pinkfloyd4ever

TEAC compact CD receiver w/sub out, BT, DAC
« on: 9 Dec 2017, 04:28 pm »
Looks very interesting. I’d be all over this if I hadn’t already spent all my “xmas present for myself “ budget.  Seems to normally go for $450-500.

On Massdrop for $300 now https://www.massdrop.com/buy/teac-cr-h101-cd-receiver?utm_source=linkshare&referer=WNS9DM

charmerci

Re: TEAC compact CD receiver w/sub out, BT, DAC
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2017, 05:27 pm »
I think Massdrop would get a LOT more people to sign up if one could see the prices BEFORE signing up. I don't want to sign up on another site just to see if I might want to buy something.

apstoltz

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2017, 05:58 pm »
If you have a google account....most sites will you allow the user to sign in under their google credentials....eliminating multiple usernames and passwords. I think massdrop uses a goggle login as an option.

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2017, 06:50 pm »
Cool - thanks. I signed in using a gmail account that I hardly use so I don't care if they send me a million notifications.

neekomax

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:51 am »
Hmmm. No line/pre out. Deal breaker. Otherwise looks kinda cool.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2017, 02:02 am »
For those who like TEAC but want more power and don’t care about CDs or the radio, Massdrop now has this https://www.massdrop.com/buy/teac-ai-301da-integrated-amplifier-with-usb-dac?utm_source=linkshare&referer=WNS9DM for $280

apstoltz

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2017, 02:23 am »
Anyone know how the teac 301 stacks up against the denon pma-50. I am in the market for a small amp for an office setup.

apstoltz

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2017, 05:58 pm »
I pulled the trigger on the Teac ai301 on the last drop. Should have it here next week and will use it in an office setup with a sub and a pair of q acoustic 3010 bookshelf speakers (great little speakers that are enjoyable to listen to). I will report back on my impressions.

Doublej

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2017, 06:33 pm »
I pulled the trigger on the Teac ai301 on the last drop. Should have it here next week and will use it in an office setup with a sub and a pair of q acoustic 3010 bookshelf speakers (great little speakers that are enjoyable to listen to). I will report back on my impressions.

How would you characterize the sound of the Q Acoustics 3010's with your current setup?

apstoltz

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2017, 07:44 pm »
I am pretty impressed with the little 3010's. They are a fun speaker to listen to that are very rhythmic with a clean midrange and a wide soundstage. They are pretty well balanced and play big and wide with plenty of snappiness in the mids. The only low point that I have noticed is they don't image well but the trade off there is the wide soundstage. I have had them in my main 2 channel rig for 3 weeks sitting on top of my Salk songtowers and haven't unhooked them since I bought them. They are fun and a joy of a little speaker.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2017, 09:39 pm »
The Intgrated (not the CD receiver) is back for $200! (Bummer to those like apstoltz who bought it a week or 2 ago)

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ai-101da-integrated-amplifier-with-usb-dac?utm_source=linkshare&referer=WNS9DM

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #11 on: 9 Jan 2018, 11:10 pm »
Now the CD receiver is back. Still $300