C&C rca cables

GRACE RUBY

Re: C&C rca cables
« Reply #60 on: 31 May 2017, 08:34 am »
REAL BAD NEWS FOR MOGAMI i 49'S and the whole music industry
[/b]

I wrote this thread because the home music industry has de evolved into such a night mare for the average Joe to get to real music, that i might, I thought find a good deal on a low cost wire that saves money to be used to get that 500.00 CD player, which seems about what it takes these days, although, after a not less then 90 minute warm up, on my marantz 6005,  it is most enjoyable, off the 65 lossless CD's recorded to a flash drive stuck in its face.

I was sure from the get go it would be MOGAMI as a "best deal"", But as some have noted, cry as we might, the Velocity actually has bass with out a loss of mid range punch and bloom followed by a somewhat smooth treble send off and decay.

For only 20 bucks.

I have cut and saved the RCA's off way way more costly wire and trashed it.

O the Velocity,,,,I have cut off the junk plastic filled rca's and put on audio quest and gotten a real very nice performance from this wire, including the impossible to find "more bass warmth" with out more bass wobble. they were very easy to to terminate, I do hear a huge difference in wires, and can not strongly enough recommend the velocity rca's cables, if you use better rca ends,,, before buying any other 200.00 wire.

you can better secure the new ends with teflon shrink wrap and a hair dryer

I am using a analog digital driven separate power amp which stereophile raved about its analog and tight bass sound., and in the case of the marantz cd player, I am using a Cardas power cord with great results,,,so your results may very.

the cardas power cord sounds awful on my rotel BTW.

As it turns out, or so a ex employee of velocity said in a forum post,,,,, the velocity wire was made by a speaker company, there is also a ofc SILVER COATED version, tho fast disappearing and i have zero idea how it sounds.   

MOGAMI IN THE HANDS OF FOOLS

I spent about 250.00 bucks buying all this discount wire in search of a GEM. As said above, I cut some very nice RCA's off some of this junk and trashed the wire.

The mogami 49 is sold in rolls to music studio equipment suppliers, they terminate it and sell at order custom.

They all use not so shabby RCA's terminations.

As I cut off and saved these plugs, which i had bought from about 4 different sellers, I took note of a horrifying thing.

These different sellers were all using different ways to put the dam plugs on.

mogami has 2 ofc center wires, a dam fancy OFC shield etc.

some sellers were connecting both inner wires to male to male, shield to ground.

others were not connecting one inner wire to anything, other inner wire to male to male, shield to ground.

one seller, a big seller, was connecting both inner wires on one side, only one at the other end and shield to ground.

two companys were connecting both inner wires male to male, shield to ground, this wire was awful, these inner wires are both like 22 awg, in short it was "Monster Thick" interconnect and it sounded like real shick.

THIS MISS MATCH OF CRAP IS IN STUDIOS ALL OVER THE WORLD MAKING CD'S SOUND EVEN WORSE.

I hung for a while in the studio producers forums to do this search, all I can say is go to GEARSLUTZS and see for your self.

MOGAMI needs to clean up its policing of the people who term their wire and resell, you got about 3 different sounding wires out there

epilogue, the Velocity interconnect (not Coax, that has bass issues) with good RCA's put on, is a hell of a great deal, warm, bass, big mid range bloom, smooth roll off, about $35.00 bucks re terminated.

GRACE RUBY

Re: C&C rca cables
« Reply #61 on: 26 Jun 2017, 05:15 am »
ERRATA

As it turns out, when I cut off the cheap RCA terminations on the "Velocity" cables, I dug straight in the plugs and un soldered them where they were soldiered on the old plugs, I E i did not cut into the wires and inspect,

A friend wanted a Velocity pair re terminated, I got lazy and just chopped off the plugs, GUESS WHAT??? this cable is tinned OFC.

But something is off a bit, I am way familiar with tinned OFC, it has a grey shine to it that is unmistakable.

This velocity tinned wire how ever has a brite silver white shine, this wire must have a very high silver content solder, it is not grey tin !!!

How could that happen, will as it turns out velocity is part of a huge industrial company that sells many pure silver RCA's, silver OFC coated RCA's and one coax that is "Iron Core" HEAVY OFC coated and then coated again with silver-I think the mother company is called "Le Grand" or something close to that.

They have a  pure silver 12 ft RCA they only want a thousand bucks for.

ONE IS BORN EVERY MINUTE- P. T . Barnum 

It still remains, the Velocity 3 FT on a CD player is one of the best wires I have heard For the price. I do not think it does well between a pre and a power amp I think it is not hefty enough, for ten bucks what can you lose, but do re terminate, and only use for tuners, cd players, not between pre and power amp.
for the same reason it hugs a cd player, it is too thin for a pre amp.

AWG effects sound too.

I am still using this cable, on my rotel 1072 and Marantz 6005 , it has a nice balance. no shrieking thank god, but colors still flow thru the mids, bass is tight.

I may make a Velocity shielded double or triple coax per channel version just to see how it sounds, the single coax has issues by itself, at least on my rig. I will do anything to steer clear of the insane price ranges seller folks would have me pay for a almost never more then $65.00 whole sale cost "Audiophile" RCA wire,
Though i recognize the beauty of many Hi Tech wires.

GRACE RUBY