Considering Von Schweikert speakers to pair with my D-200 Mk. II's

gme109

In searching for comments on Von Schweikert speakers paired with Channel Islands amplifiers, I came across this link. I know Dusty has used VR speakers with his components,  as well as others, so I'm hoping the combo works well.

Would like to hear thoughts from others here who use CIA amplifiers with Von Schweikert speakers.

Thanks

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=111498.0

"As excellent as the VR44s were on the 211 amps, they excelled with the Channel Island amps, simply breath taking. I have never heard dynamics and transients sound like that unless it was Live music.  The jump factor at times was startling. The VR44 can play loud without any congestion or breakup but how would they play at low volume? We lowered the volume to Late Night listening levels, Albert dimmed the lights. We were silent for a very long time hearing cut after cut, we were no longer listening to speakers, we were sitting at a performance."

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
Hello gme109,

Congrats on your VR-35s!

I am currently using Dusty's D-100B amps with the VR-22 and the sound is nothing short of terrific. I know that there is at least one other who feels the same. 

Btw, there is a very good chance that we will have something in common very soon.  :D So I will be following your experiences with the CIA and VR-35s with a high degree of interest.

Cheers,
Gary

gme109

Hello gme109,

Congrats on your VR-35s!

I am currently using Dusty's D-100B amps with the VR-22 and the sound is nothing short of terrific. I know that there is at least one other who feels the same. 

Btw, there is a very good chance that we will have something in common very soon.  :D So I will be following your experiences with the CIA and VR-35s with a high degree of interest.

Cheers,
Gary

Glad to hear you're liking the combo.

So are you thinking about upgrading your amps to the D-200 Mk.II's, or going with the 35's?