Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla

milford3

Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla
« on: 26 Dec 2012, 02:47 am »
After reading tons of research and reviews of the T1's (6 Moons review was the best) I have purchased the T1s' which should be at my front door in two days.  Since hurricane Sandy kicked me out of my condo I thought a needed a little present to myself for the nightmare I am going through.  The T1's will put a smile on my face and lift my spirits to boot.  Beam me up Scottie!!!

santacore

Re: Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2012, 05:29 am »
I bought some a few months ago and have really been enjoying them with my Donald North Audio Stratus amp. They seem to be very gear dependent, so give a bit of time and play around until you find the right match.

Wishing you the best on the recovery.

toocool4

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2012, 08:55 am »
Amazing headphones a very very good all rounder, enjoy.  :thumb:

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2012, 02:40 pm »
Love to hear your impressions.   I'm finally just about where I want to be
but still will probably add one more set of cans in the next year or so.  That
wil be either the HD800's or the T1's...leaning toward the later.
Best wishes,
Hibuck....

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2012, 04:58 pm »
Congrats, Milford! I know you've been eyeballing them for a while now...and in fact, back when I was first getting into headphones, your suggestion of Beyerdynamic was one of the main reasons I became interested in the line! Looks like we'll both be enjoying our beautiful T1s soon :)

milford3

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2013, 08:12 pm »
I've had the T1's for a week now.  Right out of the box these cans floorded me.  I was not expecting this kind of sound without breakin time.  My Schiit Valhalla amp drives these cans with ease.  The T1's are so good I can't wait to get home from work to listen to them.  And they are  even going to get better with more time.  If anybody is on the fence about buying them I say run, don't walk to the nearest retailer.  WOW!!  And I thought my DT 990's were good.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2013, 10:13 pm »
Where is the best place to get a good price??? IM me if you don't want to post whomever responds...got a rent rebate coming in a few monnths....

Freo-1

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2013, 10:16 pm »
I have a pair of these puppies, and they are outstanding.  I'm using them with a torpedo headphone amp, and it is a great combination.

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2013, 09:23 pm »
I've had the T1's for a week now.  Right out of the box these cans floorded me.  I was not expecting this kind of sound without breakin time.  My Schiit Valhalla amp drives these cans with ease.  The T1's are so good I can't wait to get home from work to listen to them.  And they are  even going to get better with more time.  If anybody is on the fence about buying them I say run, don't walk to the nearest retailer.  WOW!!  And I thought my DT 990's were good.

When I had my 880s, I was really afraid that the upgrade wouldn't be worth the price....but as you have found out too, the T1s are a very clear step up. The T1s are one of my few "untouchables" in my collection. Enjoy those German beauties!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2013, 09:39 pm »
I played musical chairs with various headphones for years, till I got the T1's.  Been off the "upgrade" merry-go-round ever since I got them.  Great, great cans.

ajzepp

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jan 2013, 09:48 pm »
I played musical chairs with various headphones for years, till I got the T1's.  Been off the "upgrade" merry-go-round ever since I got them.  Great, great cans.

I've heard that they will really scale up with higher quality amplification, as well. I have a Meier Corda Jazz, which is a very solid amp, but I'm tempted to jump up into something nicer down the road. I'd love to hear these on a higher end rig, even though the sound I'm already getting is phenomenal.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #12 on: 5 Jan 2013, 01:30 pm »
Meier possibly up for sale Zepp?

saisunil

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jan 2013, 02:09 pm »
I bought it from Amazon during holidays at good price - put them on for a few minutes ... don't think they are for me ... need to sell them :(

ajzepp

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:00 pm »
Meier possibly up for sale Zepp?

Once I get closer to pulling the trigger on an amp upgrade, I might look to sell it....I'll keep ya posted. I think I'd like either Jan's flagship amp or maybe a Mapletree since I've heard it's such a great match for both the T1s and the Grados.

ajzepp

« Reply #15 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:01 pm »
I bought it from Amazon during holidays at good price - put them on for a few minutes ... don't think they are for me ... need to sell them :(

a few minutes? lol

saisunil

« Reply #16 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:10 pm »
I know I know ... The break-in and all the good stuff ... I came with preconceived idea about them ... Based on a couple of short listening sessions I had with them, I was unimpressed.

Perhaps I need the right amplification ... And I do not want to go through that roller-coaster right now and want to get into custom IEMs  :duh:

ajzepp

« Reply #17 on: 5 Jan 2013, 04:13 pm »
I know I know ... The break-in and all the good stuff ... I came with preconceived idea about them ... Based on a couple of short listening sessions I had with them, I was unimpressed.

Perhaps I need the right amplification ... And I do not want to go through that roller-coaster right now and want to get into custom IEMs  :duh:

Which amp are you using?

milford3

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jan 2013, 08:29 pm »
How well does the CI audio headphone amp match with the T1's?

http://www.ciaudio.com/products/VHP2

milford3

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2013, 09:01 pm »
Have had and listened to the T1's for four weeks now.  They (T1's) are by far the best headphone that I have heard to date.  I'm not saying that planner phones are not good but I prefer dynamic.  BTW, the DT 990's are not far behind the T1's.  I switch between the two.  Enjoy the music.