FREE: 41hz Amp10 Kit needs solder TLC

Folsom

FREE: 41hz Amp10 Kit needs solder TLC
« on: 7 Feb 2013, 03:19 am »
I screwed up which resistors were which because depending on how you read them, which you need a magnifying glass for - since none of them are labeled in bags/tape - to see,  read as other resistors in the circuit. I'll send you a bill of parts and notate all the resistors I'd get new ones for, and which I'd choose to replace with higher quality ones for better sound. I'll even give you some 4.7uf Blackgates for input capacitors (pulled from a Sharp 111 I used for awhile that was modded. The last bonus is you get two 2022 chips for some reason? It was missing two resistors to begin as well. 

But I'll warn you now. If you don't have a hot air rework station FORGET IT. The holes are too small to screw around with solder wick etc. Also I warn you that you have to go back and forth between PDF and diagram. Essentially they have the most unprofessional moronic instruction set, or lack of really. I can't even register of their forum (they don't send out confirmation e-mails anymore?). They might be good sounding amplifiers but as a business it appears like it is run by people with serious stress problems that leave them confused and scattered in thought. I won't ever condone giving them more business.

Hopefully you can enjoy it, if you you got a rework station and want to spend the money on some resistors.

The bad part is getting a transformer for one right now is relatively impossible. You might have to go switching or something. I have a vastly too large 700va 19v 19v on the way... Antek had a fire so they won't be selling in for a bit. It does best with 18-24v x 2, transformer at around 200-350va. At 4ohm you should stay at like 18-22v. Around 24-25v it will get too hot for 4ohm speakers.
« Last Edit: 9 Feb 2013, 05:05 am by Destroyer of Smiles. »

gfederys

Re: FREE: 41hz Amp10 Kit needs solder TLC
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2013, 04:54 pm »
Hey, I LOVE a challenge! (and can use an amp) Can you "Small Flat Pack" it?

Folsom

Re: FREE: 41hz Amp10 Kit needs solder TLC
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2013, 07:41 pm »
I don't know what that means.

It'd be a really easy challenge if you got a rework station. Then order the resistors on the BOM. It'd be good to replace them anyhow as the stock ones are not that good (not for signal anyhow, input resistors should be double LDR's (only good to 10k) and feedbacks should be decent quality. As is now they are cheapish.