Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1300 on: 14 Nov 2015, 11:11 pm »
Any chance of an alphabetic dropdown for a quick selection on the Tidal app play list
like there is on the MPD menu on a future upgrade?

I guess I could add that, but there is a search feature

Marius

« Reply #1301 on: 19 Nov 2015, 10:00 am »
Hi Chris,

to make updating the firmware a bit more convenient, could you add a 'current firmware version ' to the window on the update firmware page? I know current version is stated on the system page, but obviously it requires clicking and reloading the update page, which sometimes takes quite a while to load. Combining these on the Update page is just that bit more user-friendly.
Especially for the beta testers, for whom the update icon doesn't light-up blue whenever an update is available.

Cheers,
Marius 

Mbain

« Reply #1302 on: 22 Nov 2015, 04:14 pm »
Sorry to say that MM continues to be frustratingly glitchy to the extent it detracts from the listening experience.  This is not what I expected when I purchased my bdp.  :x 

Robert D

« Reply #1303 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:48 pm »
Sorry to say that MM continues to be frustratingly glitchy to the extent it detracts from the listening experience.  This is not what I expected when I purchased my bdp.  :x

Can it be that you external drive is defective
I had a Seagate 2 terabyte dive that was causing all kinds of skipping and whatever else problems
At that time I made sure to have a backup of all my music files...
Suggestion .... Replace your thumb drive or hard drive and listen with your ears
Good Luck 
Regards Robert

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1304 on: 22 Nov 2015, 10:55 pm »

Now that you have the firmware upgraded what issues are you experiencing? And can you place the BDP into service mode?

Cheers
Chris

Mbain

« Reply #1305 on: 23 Nov 2015, 02:42 pm »
Now that you have the firmware upgraded what issues are you experiencing? And can you place the BDP into service mode?

Cheers
Chris
When should I place the unit into service mode?

Mbain

« Reply #1306 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:09 pm »
Unit placed into service mode.service ID sent in PM.

Norton

« Reply #1307 on: 25 Nov 2015, 07:19 pm »
Chris

I wondered where things were with the various CD memory play options on the BDP2?  Are they explained anywhere?

I use a Plextor  BD drive rather than a BOT. The "play" option works OK, but in the main I have not been able to get  the other options under "previous" or "next" to work, they usually  start off OK but don't  get to the point of replay and no folder is visible in media player.

Pearlcfam

« Reply #1308 on: 25 Nov 2015, 10:13 pm »
Chris - For a BDP-2 in regards to maximum playlist length do you have a number higher than the default of 300 that you can recommend before we might experience problems? Thanks

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1309 on: 25 Nov 2015, 11:34 pm »
Hi Chris,

to make updating the firmware a bit more convenient, could you add a 'current firmware version ' to the window on the update firmware page? I know current version is stated on the system page, but obviously it requires clicking and reloading the update page, which sometimes takes quite a while to load. Combining these on the Update page is just that bit more user-friendly.
Especially for the beta testers, for whom the update icon doesn't light-up blue whenever an update is available.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

We have recently started building a new support page, it's still pretty early in its development; however it currently does contain features requested.

http://support.bryston.com/site/?firmware

You can look up and read about current firmware releases (stable and testing) and it will show the firmware currently installed on your BDP and the current stable release.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1310 on: 25 Nov 2015, 11:37 pm »
Chris

I wondered where things were with the various CD memory play options on the BDP2?  Are they explained anywhere?

I use a Plextor  BD drive rather than a BOT. The "play" option works OK, but in the main I have not been able to get  the other options under "previous" or "next" to work, they usually  start off OK but don't  get to the point of replay and no folder is visible in media player.
What was the last firmware revision that you tested with, bearing in mind these additional playback methods are still in development.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1311 on: 25 Nov 2015, 11:40 pm »
Chris - For a BDP-2 in regards to maximum playlist length do you have a number higher than the default of 300 that you can recommend before we might experience problems? Thanks

Thats pretty well determined by the device your using, 300 songs assumes an iPad 2 (not to be confused with a iPad Air 2).  I would increase it to thousand, reboot, make sure the setting took and see if there is any noticeable slow down when maxing out the playlist.  Keep increasing it by a thousand  until the UI becomes to slow.

Cheers
Chris

Pearlcfam

« Reply #1312 on: 26 Nov 2015, 02:37 am »
Thanks Chris

Marius

« Reply #1313 on: 26 Nov 2015, 07:25 am »
HI Chris,

looking promising! only gripe: yet another interface we have to load separately. Will you build this into MM? It would really be very nice to have it all available in one click/view/interface.
btw, is the stable release developed further than the beta right now? version numbers seem to be incorrect?

my beta (or so i think it is) MM is showing 
my BDP won't upgrade at all at the moment, is anything happening on the server side maybe?

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

We have recently started building a new support page, it's still pretty early in its development; however it currently does contain features requested.

http://support.bryston.com/site/?firmware

You can look up and read about current firmware releases (stable and testing) and it will show the firmware currently installed on your BDP and the current stable release.

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1314 on: 26 Nov 2015, 07:08 pm »
Its a web site that you can check rather then waiting for the BDP to load the same readme file and its location is never changing

I just tested it and it appears to be working, try just rebooting your BDP, if its still fails try power cycling the BDP again and your router/modem.

Cheers,
Chris

Norton

« Reply #1315 on: 26 Nov 2015, 07:11 pm »
What was the last firmware revision that you tested with, bearing in mind these additional playback methods are still in development.

Hi Chris, last tried with S2.20 2015-11-19

Regards

David

Marius

« Reply #1316 on: 27 Nov 2015, 07:57 am »
Hi Chris,

Did my request to streamline the 'Back, Dashboard and Mediaplayer' buttons ever reach you?

Please consider always displaying both Dashboard (left) and Mediaplayer (right), as you do on the virtual frontpanel page (see enclosed pic). With the obvious exception of the Dashboard and Mediaplayer pages themselves.

Also, 'Back' could always be replaced by Dashboard, thus simplifying the interface even further.

Above would make the interface faster (one doesn't need to go back to the dashboard anymore to load Mediaplayer from within the settings tabs, since the button Mediaplayer would always be there) and Back wouldn't be necessary, Dashboard will do better (and be more exact, since it goes back to Dashboard...) and take out the confusion it might cause on some pages, where Back isn;t as clear as it could be when called Dashboard ;)

on the VFP: as shown it doesn't fully reflect what is shown on the real front panel, which is wider and contains more characters, could you please correct that? Ive used this VFP often for testing purposes, checking the BDP. It would be most helpful if it correctly shows what is displayed on the real frontpanel.

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #1317 on: 27 Nov 2015, 08:06 am »
ok update went fine now, im on release firmware, not beta anymore. (release 2.20 is developed further than beta 2.19??)

new support firmware page http://support.bryston.com/site/?firmware doesn't work on mobile wireless network?

still, it would be very helpful to display the currently installed firmware on the update window, and thus displaying them both in 1 window, not having to leave that window for either checking, or updating.

just show current installed version: MM 2.xx xxx in the blue window title for example, or something like that?

Cheers,
Marius

Its a web site that you can check rather then waiting for the BDP to load the same readme file and its location is never changing

I just tested it and it appears to be working, try just rebooting your BDP, if its still fails try power cycling the BDP again and your router/modem.

Cheers,
Chris

BSMSPEMBA

« Reply #1318 on: 28 Nov 2015, 04:36 am »
Chris,

I just loaded the latest firmware, S2.20 2015-11-20, onto my BDP-2.  There appears to be a couple of issues with this release.
  • When I go to Disk Information, it does not list my internal 256GB SSD.  It used to list it in the last stable release.  I am able to access the drive in the MPD player and play files off of it.
  • When I go to Update Firmware, it only shows, "Loading..."  It does not matter how long I wait.  It does not show the latest available firmware for updating.
Also, I have a question about the new volume control feature.
  • The pulldown menu shows None, Software, and SP3 (my BDP-2 is connected to an SP3 via AES).  What does the SP3 option do?
Thank you

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1319 on: 28 Nov 2015, 08:58 am »
Is Tidal messed up for anyone else? Every time I touched a control button (play, pause, skip, etc), the screen flashed cyan and nothing happened. I was able to verify songs were in the queue, but I couldn't get anything to play.

Tried two android devices with the most recent version of Chrome. My trusty Sonos got Tidal to work just fine though.