ACHiPo

Re: Nothing better than NHL playoffs!!2016
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2016, 04:48 am »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2016, 11:00 am »
Penguins can swim well enough but Sharks are faster and have bigger teeth.  :thumb:

Since it's on ice, I predict the Sharks will flop around for a while, gasp for breath, then a slow, painful demise.

Seriously though, the Pens are a deep, experienced team with a true superstar.  They outplayed the Lightning the whole series, Tampa Bay was saved by their outstanding goalie.  This is the Sharks first time at the rodeo.  Pens in six.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2016, 03:20 pm »
They outplayed the Lightning the whole series...

If that were the case they should have wrapped series up in four games, but it took them all seven.

stlrman

« Reply #23 on: 31 May 2016, 12:09 am »
It's time for one team to earn the Stanley Cup!! Go Pens!!
Who is watching?
 It should be a great series! Both teams are fast and fun to watch.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #24 on: 31 May 2016, 10:11 am »
If that were the case they should have wrapped series up in four games, but it took them all seven.

Please don't cut up my quotes to make them mean something else.  The end of the quote was, "Tampa Bay was saved by their outstanding goalie."   Just as the Sharks were outplayed for two of the three periods last night (they played very well the second period) and lost.  They need to step up and play the whole game if they expect to take the cup home.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #25 on: 31 May 2016, 12:05 pm »
Please don't cut up my quotes to make them mean something else.  The end of the quote was, "Tampa Bay was saved by their outstanding goalie."

But Tampa wasn't saved by their outstanding goalie. Furthermore, nobody gets very far into the playoffs without an outstanding goalie. And no games are won with goal tending alone. So I hope you're okay with me having a different opinion than yourself when it comes to this idea of being outplayed.

mcgsxr

« Reply #26 on: 31 May 2016, 01:21 pm »
I enjoyed bouncing back and forth between nhl and nba games last night.

As hard as I tried to be impartial or pull for Thornton, I was elated by every Pens goal.  I am supporting them going forward for the cup.

It was a good game.  Great for the home town fans in both games last night.

stlrman

« Reply #27 on: 31 May 2016, 01:47 pm »
I think this should be an outstanding series. :thumb:
  A few take aways from last nights game ...  The Sharks are a bit better of a passing team, are a bit bigger/  stronger , certainly have a better power play , and I would say have a slight edge in goalkeeper.  That said, the Pens have great speed, Sharks also have speed, Pens have had a strong Penalty kill, Murray has been very good , but to me both goals were stoppable last night. Murray seems to know how to win. I think he can find a higher level. Obviously he is playing at a high level, with great confidence.  MAFlurray was the team MVP this year and he is watching the playoffs . The Penguins have great depth, and seem to have this great will to win.  Every night you wonder who will step up to be the hero tonight. The Pens have had a tough time holding a lead . I would like to see their power play score a freakin goal. It's struggled all year.  Crosby played a great game ,but I would like to see him shoot the puck a bit more.
Your thoughts ??

mcgsxr

« Reply #28 on: 31 May 2016, 07:44 pm »
My thoughts are that the supporting cast are doing a stellar job for the Pens.

If Crosby and Malkin ignite, it will be a short series. 

If not, it affords the Sharks the opportunity to dictate play (as in the 2nd period last night) and that will pose problems. 

I bet that every night the home team has a good shot at the win in this series.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #29 on: 31 May 2016, 09:32 pm »
But Tampa wasn't saved by their outstanding goalie. Furthermore, nobody gets very far into the playoffs without an outstanding goalie. And no games are won with goal tending alone. So I hope you're okay with me having a different opinion than yourself when it comes to this idea of being outplayed.

Oh yeah, it's all good.  It's just hockey after all.

stlrman

« Reply #30 on: 7 Jun 2016, 08:28 pm »
Great series! Pens finding a way every night . Have not trailed in any game . :o
Kessel may be the Con Smyth .  We need to put this away on home ice Thursday!! :thumb:
Would be the first Championship won at Pittsburgh since 1960.
So many great story lines in this series and every game has been close and hard fought!
Pens up 3-1 and the city can taste it!!

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #31 on: 7 Jun 2016, 09:09 pm »
Great series! Pens finding a way every night . Have not trailed in any game . :o
Kessel may be the Con Smyth .  We need to put this away on home ice Thursday!! :thumb:
Would be the first Championship won at Pittsburgh since 1960.
So many great story lines in this series and every game has been close and hard fought!
Pens up 3-1 and the city can taste it!!

I love playoff hockey, especially the finals. I am an Avs fan and haven't had much to cheer about but I did win $5 off the Pens/Sharks game last night. Sheary is looking real good too!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #32 on: 7 Jun 2016, 09:25 pm »
Being from a hot weather state, I don't even know who the Pens and Sharks are.  I think I've seen ice thick enough to walk on once, maybe 50 years ago. 

mcgsxr

« Reply #33 on: 7 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm »
I am enjoying the series.  I do feel a little bad for Thornton, but in my heart I am happier for Sid.

Glad Kessel is doing well.  Here in Toronto he had "not quite as much" to work with!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #34 on: 7 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm »
I doubt there's much free ice forming in San Jose either, but they manage to field a team.  And I think they've played well this series, even as a Pens fan I gotta give em props.  They haven't been blown out, just coming up a little short against Pittsburgh.  Hope the Pens win it at home, the town will go crazy.  From South Side to North Shore every bar will be filled.  Wish I could be there.

vonnie123

« Reply #35 on: 7 Jun 2016, 10:16 pm »
I doubt there's much free ice forming in San Jose either, but they manage to field a team.  And I think they've played well this series, even as a Pens fan I gotta give em props.  They haven't been blown out, just coming up a little short against Pittsburgh.  Hope the Pens win it at home, the town will go crazy.  From South Side to North Shore every bar will be filled.  Wish I could be there.

Pulling for Pittsburgh and the discarded Anaheim Penguins.  Sharks fielded a good team this season, but think Pittsburgh will come out on top.

mcgsxr

« Reply #36 on: 7 Jun 2016, 10:28 pm »
Home town Cup wins are so rare, and the effect it has on a city is amazing.  I do hope they get it done in front of the faithful!

syzygy

« Reply #37 on: 7 Jun 2016, 10:55 pm »
Got my ticket for Thursday.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #38 on: 8 Jun 2016, 01:07 am »
It ain't over until it's over; moreover medical science has proven that optimism is good for you.  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #39 on: 8 Jun 2016, 07:06 pm »
Yes it is.  And no it's not over.  The Pens are a team that can go cold all of a sudden, so we're not counting on anything.  This could still go seven games.  From the play so far I don't expect that, but it's hockey so nothing is a given.  Go Pens!