BDA-2 DAC and BDA-3 DAC

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
Re: BDA-2 DAC
« Reply #20 on: 9 Oct 2012, 02:36 pm »
That would seal the deal for me! And while your at it throw in an analog input.

Xinon

« Reply #21 on: 9 Oct 2012, 06:29 pm »
Ordered a set from Lyric Hifi Norway , hope it arives before christmas  :D

budt

« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2012, 03:53 am »
  I'll be ordering mine tomorrow or early next week. I hope it arrives before xmas.....

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:32 am »
  I'll be ordering mine tomorrow or early next week. I hope it arrives before xmas.....

Hi Guys,

We will certainly try our best and from what I am seeing in production we should be fine.

james

Vipers

« Reply #24 on: 13 Oct 2012, 11:11 am »
James,

Is the design already definitive? Otherwise I would beg you to have a second balanced and rca out, to feed both the BDA and the BHA simultaneoulsy with the same and undivided output, thus preventing the hassle with cable splitters and diminished sound quality because of that.

Marius

I definitely echo Marius comments above, I've already had one customer asking me how he is supposed to implement the BHA-1 into his 100% Bryston system in a balanced configuration, which is something I'm going to look at tomorrow as I try to fit the BHA-1 into my system, having a second balanced out of the BDA-2 would be a real bonus though.

Thanks,

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 13 Oct 2012, 12:21 pm »
I definitely echo Marius comments above, I've already had one customer asking me how he is supposed to implement the BHA-1 into his 100% Bryston system in a balanced configuration, which is something I'm going to look at tomorrow as I try to fit the BHA-1 into my system, having a second balanced out of the BDA-2 would be a real bonus though.

Thanks,

Hi,

It would have to be totally redesigned so not something we can easily do.  I use the TAPE OUTS (RCA) from the preamp and that works very well as all sources going through your preamp are available to the headphones.

james

Vipers

« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2012, 10:40 am »
Hi,

It would have to be totally redesigned so not something we can easily do.  I use the TAPE OUTS (RCA) from the preamp and that works very well as all sources going through your preamp are available to the headphones.

james

Hi James, Yes I guess that would work, would have been nice to keep everything balanced though, maybe for the BDA-3?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:41 pm »
Hi Folks

Been playing around with the BDA-2 USB asynchronous input using a variety of files up to 192/24.

I have tried it with my PC using JRiver and Media Monkey as well as my MAC laptop using Amarra and Pure Music.

Any other programs I should try?

James

Marius

« Reply #28 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:53 pm »
Sure, Audirvana +
Hi Folks

Been playing around with the BDA-2 USB asynchronous input using a variety of files up to 192/24.

I have tried it with my PC using JRiver and Media Monkey as well as my MAC laptop using Amarra and Pure Music.

James
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2012, 01:05 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:56 pm »
Sure, Audirvana +

Hi Marius,

What do you like about Audirvana? 

james

Marius

« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2012, 02:36 pm »
Hi James,

Just  about everything: it works flawlessly , looks nice enough, sounds amazing, even on my MacBook , plays anything, native Dsd decoding, uses the industry 'best' algorithm, izotope src, doesn't need iTunes but can integrate as a frontend, much nicer and more robust than puremusic I find. To top it all, it's rather inexpensive....

What's not to like in fact.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius,

What do you like about Audirvana? 

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 21 Oct 2012, 03:20 pm »
Hi James,

Just  about everything: it works flawlessly , looks nice enough, sounds amazing, even on my MacBook , plays anything, native Dsd decoding, uses the industry 'best' algorithm, izotope src, doesn't need iTunes but can integrate as a frontend, much nicer and more robust than puremusic I find. To top it all, it's rather inexpensive....

What's not to like in fact.

Cheers,
Marius

OK - I will give it a try.

james

Marius

« Reply #32 on: 21 Oct 2012, 03:30 pm »
thought you already had, no good experience in that circumstance ?

Hi Marius,

Going to try Audirvana next.

james

OK - I will give it a try.

james

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #33 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:20 pm »
Hi Marius,

Am I right that it is Mac only?

Bob

Wim J

« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:25 pm »
I also think I will buy the BDA-2 to match my BDP1 en BCD1.  I also think the BDA2 is an upgrade over the onboard dac in the BCD1 (essentially a BDA1?).
Any idea when the BDA2 will be available in Europe ( Belgium)?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:27 pm »
thought you already had, no good experience in that circumstance ?

Tried it but only had a day or two with it and did not have the other Pure Music and Amarra to compare.

Just downloaded it so have all 3 now to play around with.  :thumb:

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #36 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:29 pm »
I also think I will buy the BDA-2 to match my BDP1 en BCD1.  I also think the BDA2 is an upgrade over the onboard dac in the BCD1 (essentially a BDA1?).
Any idea when the BDA2 will be available in Europe ( Belgium)?

Hi

We start production at the end of this month.

James

Marius

« Reply #37 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:48 pm »
Tried it but only had a day or two with it and did not have the other Pure Music and Amarra to compare.

Just downloaded it so have all 3 now to play around with.  :thumb:

James

Great, please let us know your findings
Marius

Marius

« Reply #38 on: 21 Oct 2012, 04:49 pm »
Hi Marius,

Am I right that it is Mac only?

Bob

Believe so.
Marius

techguy

« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2012, 04:26 pm »
Hi Folks

James

James, what about FOOBAR2000 on Windows with the latest WASAPI add-on (bypasses all Windows sampling and volume controls to send out unaltered bitstream)?

Also, you mentioned that there might be an add-on ASYNCH USB adapter (?) for the BDA-1 that would support up to 24/192.    Any reason why this wouldn't also work for the SP3?   I take it the output of this device would be standard SPDIF coax.

Thanks