Hello everyone

jwmorris

Hello everyone
« on: 22 Oct 2017, 06:37 pm »
Hi, I found this site while looking for balanced crossovers for my Vandersteen subwoofer. (The 150k ones for sell here would be perfect... hint hint).

I have loved music all my life. I tend to buy used products because they allow my budget to stretch much further. In my basement I have Vandersteen 2cis, Vandersteen VSMs, a Vandersteen VCC5, Earthquake subwoofer, Aragon 8008x5, Sherbourn PT7030 and Oppo bluray player.

Upstairs I have Innersound Eros, Carver Amazings, Ohm Model i, Magnepan SMGA, and several smaller speakers. Most of these are on standby. I have been listening to the Innersounds the most.       

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2017, 06:46 pm »
Welcome Morris :thumb:
I also fan from Carver Amazing they gave the best sound stage I have ''seem'' and heard.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2017, 06:59 pm »
Welcome to AC!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2017, 04:52 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC jwmorris   :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2017, 12:17 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, jwmorris!

jwmorris

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2017, 05:19 pm »
Thanks everyone! I look forward to learning a lot and sharing the little that I know.

Fullrangeman, the Carvers are wonderful but I really do not have the room for them. They really do need to be 5 feet from the rear wall. I also found that adding weight to the base helps. I have originals which version do you have?   

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2017, 05:42 pm »
I have the 48'' Silver Ed from 1992.
The space around is true, also I found the best position is near vertical not tilted back and no toe in at all.
Here below she is at the wrong position yet:

Later I found that image better alot if used PE mid density footers, 3 per panel.
They are stored in my bedroom since March1993 (( along w/other equips.

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2017, 06:58 pm »
I have the 48'' Silver Ed from 1992.
The space around is true, also I found the best position is near vertical not tilted back and no toe in at all.
Here below she is at the wrong position yet:

Later I found that image better alot if used PE mid density footers, 3 per panel.
They are stored in my bedroom since March1993 (( along w/other equips.

Nice!  I have Ohm Microwalsh Talls in a back-up system.