Sapphire XL Awarded TONE-Audio Exceptional Value Award

Mike Dzurko

TONE-Audio's Head Honcho, Jeff Dorgay writes:

. . . the crew at ACI gets to spend a lot of time listening to live music and it really come across when you give the Sapphire XLs a listen. As you can see from the photos, these speakers are beautifully finished! This is a level of quality you’d expect on speakers costing much more."

. . . a high level of musical accuracy and transparency, offering a level of refinement that warrants TONE-Audio's Exceptional Value Award.

"The Sapphire XLs are the most enjoyable speaker I have heard yet for $1700."

The complete rave is in Issue #5 . . . go to:

http://www.tonepublications.com/toneAudio.htm

Enjoy!

:D
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2009, 06:28 pm by Mike Dzurko »

ajayrav

Re: Sapphire XL Awarded TONE-Audio’s Exceptional Value Award
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2006, 09:55 pm »
Wow, guess he really liked the XLs, huh?  XL mains, XL center, XL subs.........Guess all that is missing are XL surrounds....Got that up your sleeve Mike?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2006, 09:25 pm »
Wow, guess he really liked the XLs, huh?  XL mains, XL center, XL subs.........Guess all that is missing are XL surrounds....Got that up your sleeve Mike?

Ajay:

You don't miss a thing  :D . . .  we have a number of concepts under development, but I can't really say more at this time.  In the meantime, quite a few folks are going with XLs for left - right and the surrounds . . .

ajayrav

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2006, 12:01 am »
I guess a new surround speaker in the future sounds logical, considering the Emerald on wall is being discontinued.  I just got a pair of NHT dipoles off Audiogon that should tide me over till there is a speaker that matches my system more  :lol: Guess I should just shut up and listen to my XLC.....  Social obligations this weekend have put a major crimp on my listening plans!
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2006, 02:00 am by ajayrav »

Eric

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2006, 01:43 am »
Congratulations Mike!!!!

ajayrav

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2006, 01:59 am »
Mike, do you know when the whole Sapphire XL review will run in Positive Feedback Online.  I remember reading the pre-view many moons ago....or have I completely spaced out and missed it!

A.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2006, 02:38 am »
Mike, do you know when the whole Sapphire XL review will run in Positive Feedback Online.  I remember reading the pre-view many moons ago....or have I completely spaced out and missed it!

A.

Ajay:

I haven't talked to Rick Gardner in quite some time. Last we talked, he was really enjoying the system and planning on writing more. I'll follow up with him.

Jeff Dorgay at TONE -Audio is planning several followup pieces including possibly having one of his reviewers take an independent listen. AND there is another review from a different publication which is one STRONG rave that will be out soon.

ScottyWatty

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2007, 01:58 am »
Mike:
Great job to you and the gang at ACI!  Keep up the good work!

New XL owner,

ScottyWatty