Dspeaker Dual Core review

hawkeye99

Re: Dspeaker Dual Core review
« Reply #320 on: 4 Sep 2013, 09:26 pm »
Well 2.2 is one of the options for calibration. I assumed it was for a 2 channel, 2 sub set-up. Are you saying you would need 2 dual cores for the 2.2 calibration?

Guidof

« Reply #321 on: 5 Sep 2013, 01:14 am »
Well 2.2 is one of the options for calibration. I assumed it was for a 2 channel, 2 sub set-up. Are you saying you would need 2 dual cores for the 2.2 calibration?

No, you don't need two Dual Cores for 2.2 calibration. But you could have a setup that requires separate calibrations for main speakers and subs, in which case you would use 2 Dual Core (see page 25, top, of the online manual). It my understanding that with a typical system of passive main speakers and active subs where the subs have their own cross over and gain settings (set as in rodge's post) one would choose the 2.0 setup in the configuration screen. However, I think that choosing the 2.2 set up would yield the exact same correction if you have connected the subs as suggested.

EDIT: Actually, I typed the above without thinking ;-). There is NO 2.2 setup in my configuration menu. Only 2.0 and single sub or stereo sub set ups. Not sure if there is a 2.2 choice in a more recent firmware update.

Best regards,

Guido F.
« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2013, 02:24 am by Guidof »

hawkeye99

« Reply #322 on: 8 Sep 2013, 12:45 am »
You are right, Guidof. When I said 2.2 I was referring to stereo subs.  :duh:

hawkeye99

« Reply #323 on: 10 Sep 2013, 12:12 am »
Does the DC deal with phase issues between subs and mains? Or do you have to do that manually?

rodge827

« Reply #324 on: 10 Sep 2013, 12:44 am »
AFAIK it does.
you might want to give it a try either way and choose which one you like.

hawkeye99

« Reply #325 on: 10 Sep 2013, 10:39 am »
rodge, you could output those graphs to your computer, apply a bit of smoothing, then save the screen image as a .jpg and post it up...

Can this be done? I don't see in the manual anything about this.

hawkeye99

« Reply #326 on: 11 Sep 2013, 12:39 am »
AFAIK it does.
you might want to give it a try either way and choose which one you like.

Been doing some studying and you need to choose one of the sub setting in order for it to adjust phase. If you choose 2.0 it doesn't perform the phase adjustment.

Austin08

« Reply #327 on: 11 Sep 2013, 01:07 am »
Can this be done? I don't see in the manual anything about this.

Take a look at section PC link 4.12 in the manual

hawkeye99

« Reply #328 on: 11 Sep 2013, 07:26 pm »
With compensation it's worth noting that typical calibration already introduces some compensation. In my setup, a boost of 6dB, which I suspect is indeed a "typical" value for most systems after typical calibration. In my system, increasing the boost to 7dB has had a firming up effect on the bass range and, more notably, an increase in the three dimensionality and 'air' of the soundstage.

One has to keep in mind that increasing compensation has a negative effect on headroom, so going light on the throttle may be advisable here, as in any boost.

But definitely a setting worth experimenting with.

Guido F.

I'm finding that with typical calibration setup the maximum bass compensation is 6dB. I've been playing with speaker and sub positioning and the flatter I can get the room measurement before calibration the less bass compensation it applies after calibration. The lowest I've gotten it is 4 or 4.5dB. Does this make sense?

Guidof

« Reply #329 on: 14 Sep 2013, 09:56 pm »
I'm finding that with typical calibration setup the maximum bass compensation is 6dB. I've been playing with speaker and sub positioning and the flatter I can get the room measurement before calibration the less bass compensation it applies after calibration. The lowest I've gotten it is 4 or 4.5dB. Does this make sense?

I think so. After applying some additional bass trapping, I found that automatic compensation went down by 1 dB. I think the more effective the room treatment, the less for the DSPeaker to correct.

Guido F.

Biggarthomas

« Reply #330 on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:51 pm »
I'm sorry to burst into a continuing conversation but I have a newby sort of question. Last night, I brought home a pair of Paradigm Signature S8s. I hooked them up and ran the DSPeaker calibration process. It seemed to me that the equipment performed several more sweeps of the room than it did with my original speakers (another, less complex brand). Was it just my imagination? Does the DSPeaker poll the speaker's crossover and does crossover complexity matter?

BTW, with the Paradigms and my Quad 909s, I'm in the penthouse of audio heaven!

Guidof

« Reply #331 on: 22 Sep 2013, 05:48 pm »
Glad you're enjoying your new setup. Sorry I have no clue about your question. Perhaps you may want to email DSPeaker support with it.

Regards,

Guido F.

pre

« Reply #332 on: 29 Oct 2014, 05:34 pm »
Got the information  that here will be new DSPeaker Anti-Mode™ X4 stereo preamplifier  with 2.2  mode xover control for subwoofers + room correction software  & (DSD) DAC .  It will have  new version 3.0 of antimode SW.

more here with google translator
** edit: new direct links below

3 x Coaxial input
3 x Toslink input
2 x Analog RCA input
1 x XLR analog input
USB Audio
USB
Thermometer (5D Anti-Mode™)
Service port
12V trigger output
2.2 Analog RCA output
2.2 Balanced XLR output
1 x Coaxial output
1 x Toslink output
6.3mm Headphone output (headphone-DSP, EQ, X-feed / HRTF process, render)
Balanced XLR 48V "phantom" microphone input
Bluetooth module

X4 will be announced to public this week Friday in Finland at hifi expo.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 01:39 am by pre »

hawkeye99

« Reply #333 on: 29 Oct 2014, 08:22 pm »
Interesting. Anymore links? I can't seem to get anywhere with those links above.

pre

« Reply #334 on: 30 Oct 2014, 01:32 am »
use  link with  translator (translate from Finnish to English)
http://www.dspeaker.com/fi/kotisivu.shtml

https://translate.google.com/

pictures also here

It would be great to have 3.0 SW also for the old 2.0 dualcore model to test the enhanced 2.2 mode, but not known to me if the 3.0 sw upgrade will work in old hw. 

rodge827

« Reply #335 on: 30 Oct 2014, 01:44 am »
Great to see this is finally here  :thumb:

Anti-Mode X4 presentation of the Hi-Fi Expo 2014

DSPeaker Anti-Mode ™ X4 stereo pre-amp + crossover network Automatic Room-DAC

Golden Ear-winning home-grown Anti-Mode product line expands the collection are placed in the tip of a novelty item. Anti-Mode X4 is a modern stereo system, the heart, which may be the speakers and other equipment to go beyond the usual level of even the most difficult acoustic conditions. This is a real domestic audio expertise feat!

The menu includes such a feature. high-quality Hi-Res / DSD Burr-Brown D / A converters, adjustable 2.2 crossover network, extensive connectivity and a fully revised Anti-Mode 3.0 Room Correction.

Anti-Mode X4 has been specially developed two-channel audio hardware performance optimization. In addition to the main speaker system can be connected to one or two of the subwoofer, and connect them to the audio image seamlessly.

Making room correction is now easier and more convenient than ever before. DSPeaker philosophy, all you need is included in the sales package, including a fully renovated in microphone and mikrofoniständi. The computer or other equipment is required. System ease of use is as usual, paid special attention to making top-level sound achievement does not require user knowledge or expertise.

Of course, not the needs of demanding enthusiasts have not been forgotten. There is automatic in addition to a wider palette of tools which can be used to shape the sound to suit your preferences with always the smallest nyanssia all the way down.

Anti-Mode X4 will be next presented with the Helsinki Fair Centre Hi-Fi Expo Exhibiting 31.10-2.11.2014. You can find us room H405 and H403. Sales will begin in 2015. The preliminary cost estimate is about 2995 € (including VAT).

pre

« Reply #336 on: 23 Apr 2016, 10:06 am »
No X4 yet.  In the mean time it  has been  developed EQU settings automation  functionality to REW  EQU window for dual core.  Test and see if automation is useful.

REW Beta SW:
http://roomeqwizard.com/installers/
V5.15 beta 6 / changes
Added an equaliser setting for the Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core

REW EQ:
http://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/eqwindow.html

Video 1: at 7 min ja 10min onwards  the principle where  REW calculates generic equ model  corrections.
 REW software version is old in the video, but principle is the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9qlB6LK4c

Video 2:   9:20 onwards
- includes the latest  REW:n EQ window settings principles. Video introduces all bells and whistles method for adjusting full range with convoluution,  but gives also some hints to basic adjustments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM99RB4gt8o&feature=youtu.be

It took some time  before the REW antimode dual core equ "calculator"  was developed, but mostly it was just waiting because of misunderstanding what is needed  to create the automation from several standard measurement curves.  But now it is there for testing.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #337 on: 31 Jul 2018, 11:58 am »
DSPeaker X4 is finally out.  Compared to the Anti-Mode much improved DAC specifications and USB input (type B versus mini B), additional input/output options, sub/mains crossover optimizer, and a 'real' remote.  But roughly 4 times the price!!

Not sure what years of R&D plus that significant price increase gets the user.  Any idea?