Omega 7F OBD

Guy 13

Re: Omega 7F OBD
« Reply #20 on: 1 Nov 2014, 05:27 am »
I to wish Louis was selling the DIY drivers. Never had the chance to get a pair and would love to build around a pair. I understand why Louis made the decision he did and respect his choice.

Who's to say that the Fostex/Mark Audio drivers have more research behind them. We have no idea who builds the Omega drivers.

Let's all play nice, we don't get a lot of traffic in this forum and let's not run someone off with bad attitude.
Hi ejfud.
If I did not liked my Omega 7F I would try to sell them to you, but,
unfortunately for you, I love them.
The Omega used market for OEM/DIY drivers is almost zero,
because Louis did not offer his drivers long enough to flood the DIY market.
Maybe one day you will be lucky like Guy 13.

Guy 13

rjbond3rd

« Reply #21 on: 1 Nov 2014, 05:02 pm »
...we don't get a lot of traffic in this forum...

Due to the guidelines, I think. :)

With each passing year, "wideband" gets more mainstream, and "single driver" gets a bit more fringe.  So "wideband" enthusiasts spend more time in certain vendor forums, or OB, or Low Wattage.  Eventually, nearly everyone discovers that performance beats some arbitrary definition of purity :)

Guy 13

« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2014, 11:45 pm »

Hi all.
Because I was busy with my wife's business which indirectly is also my business because it's was at first my idea and I do 75% of the work I did not have time to listen to me beloved Omega 7F and is companion components.
Last evening I sat down to choose in my limited CD music collection a few CD for the highly anticipated visit in December of an Audio Circle member from Holland that will come to my house's listening room and listen to my system.
I am expecting from him no less than total honesty about the sound of my system.
Last evening I was again surprised by the amount of details that the Omega 7F gives.
What I like about the high resolution of my set-up is that I feel like I am with the musicians, even if the sound stage is not as deep as I would like.
All that to say:
Even if the Omega 5/7F/A drivers are no longer available due to an abrupt
stop of availability, you can always buy a complete Omega speaker
from Louis or Canada Rob.
If you like single driver, cross over less driver, you will love the Omega.
...and they are made in the US of A.

Guy 13