Lampizator Amber Owners

Tomy2Tone

Lampizator Amber Owners
« on: 23 May 2015, 04:17 am »
Where are you?

Looking to hear how people are doing with their Ambers in their systems. Seems there have been quite a few sold but not much feedback here on AC. Any comments appreciated.

bmoura

Re: Lampizator Amber Owners
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2015, 07:48 am »
Seems there have been quite a few sold but not much feedback here on AC. Any comments appreciated.

Have there been a lot of Amber DACs sold?  I ask because most of the on-line comments I'm reading about the Lampizator lately seemed focused on the Big 7 and DSD DAC models.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2015, 01:55 pm »
Have there been a lot of Amber DACs sold?  I ask because most of the on-line comments I'm reading about the Lampizator lately seemed focused on the Big 7 and DSD DAC models.

Well, I know the incentive Lampizatorna had back in Dec/Jan was up to 15 sold which they did and have heard they've sold more since. I noticed some of the posts in the incentive thread had one time posters so maybe they're from other forums that I'm unaware of that wanted to partake in the deal and haven't been back since. I don't know.

MttBsh

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2015, 04:40 pm »
I'm interested in acquiring a Lampi but am not in a position to spend $5 to $10G for a DAC. The level 7 (and even the Lite version thereof) is beyond the financial means of most music lovers, so an amber is the best that is within reach for most of us.
I too would be interested in getting more amber owners' impressions, but they are few and far between. It's as if everyone who has bought a lower level Lampi has become addicted to the sound and is looking to take out a second mortgage so they can move up to the 7.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2015, 04:49 pm »
It's as if everyone who has bought a lower level Lampi has become addicted to the sound and is looking to take out a second mortgage so they can move up to the 7.

This seems to be the case to me as well. I've heard from two Amber owners who already are going up the ladder.

I just sent Fred a message inquiring about a L4 so that as time permits I could move up to a L5 or higher when I'm ready.

bmoura

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2015, 06:25 am »
I'm interested in acquiring a Lampi but am not in a position to spend $5 to $10G for a DAC. The level 7 (and even the Lite version thereof) is beyond the financial means of most music lovers, so an amber is the best that is within reach for most of us.
I too would be interested in getting more amber owners' impressions, but they are few and far between. It's as if everyone who has bought a lower level Lampi has become addicted to the sound and is looking to take out a second mortgage so they can move up to the 7.

Looks like a nice way to get started with Lampizator.  I'm still enjoying my Lampizator 5th Generation DSD DAC here ($3,760).  Haven't moved up the ladder yet.  :)