Bryston BR-2 remote

sweetspot

Bryston BR-2 remote
« on: 7 Jun 2014, 09:43 pm »
Is there a code I can enter to operate the BP-25 preamp?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston BR-2 remote
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:30 am »
SETTING UP THE BR2 TO BE USED WITH DIFFERENT BRYSTON MODELS:
    1st)       Press   and   hold   the   CODE   button   on   the   BR2   remote   until   the   red   LED   begins   to   flash   (usually   takes   about   5   
seconds).      As   soon   as   the   LED   remains   steadily   RED,   release   the   CODE   button   and   enter   the   the   3   digit   code   
before   the   LED   goes   out.      The   LED   will   flash   twice   after   a   valid   code   has   been   successfully   entered.
 2nd) Enter a three digit code as follows:
 711: SP2 PreAmp/Processor
 712: B100 integrated amplifier
 721: BP26 preamp *
 722:   B60R   integrated   amplifier   &   BP6   preamp
Other codes:
 792:   Toggle   motion   sensor   on/off   (backlight   control)
 797:   Toggle   backlight   on/off
 * See also Model Select Buttons below

sweetspot

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:46 am »
Thank you, James. The code for the bp26 also works for the bp25 :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:56 am »
Thank you, James. The code for the bp26 also works for the bp25 :D

Yes

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2014, 10:28 am »
Thanks for bringing this up. I never thought of this.Good to know if my  BP25 remote dies...... :thumb:

spinner

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2014, 07:02 pm »
I coded my BR2 for the BP 25 and it's great. I now keep the original as a back up...... :thumb:

sweetspot

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2016, 04:24 pm »
James, I recently changed my gain settings on my 4bsst2, from 23db to 29db. For whatever reason, it sounds so much better. My question:  Are there codes on the BR-2 that can attenuate the volume on my BP-25? I find the 9:00 o'clock setting on the volume dial to be too high, and I would prefer to keep the 29db setting on my amp.   Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2016, 05:06 pm »
James, I recently changed my gain settings on my 4bsst2, from 23db to 29db. For whatever reason, it sounds so much better. My question:  Are there codes on the BR-2 that can attenuate the volume on my BP-25? I find the 9:00 o'clock setting on the volume dial to be too high, and I would prefer to keep the 29db setting on my amp.   Thanks

Hi

I do not think so but check with Mike - mpickett@bryston.com

james

schmidtmike76

« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2016, 09:58 pm »
What did you like better curious as I find mine hot as well, 9:00 is almost plenty loud even at 23DB

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm »
At 29dB balanced on my 14B2, it's certainly a fuller sound than at 23dB, with the deeper parts of my soundstage seemingly "filled in" more completely. But on more careful listening, there's also more distortion at 29dB on some tracks. So I leave it at 23dB and prefer to adjust the gain on my linestage between 12/18/24dB. Balanced.

sweetspot

« Reply #10 on: 8 Dec 2016, 02:17 pm »
At 29dB balanced on my 14B2, it's certainly a fuller sound than at 23dB, with the deeper parts of my soundstage seemingly "filled in" more completely. But on more careful listening, there's also more distortion at 29dB on some tracks. So I leave it at 23dB and prefer to adjust the gain on my linestage between 12/18/24dB. Balanced.
[/quote

Yes, a spot on  description of the sound! Almost like a veil has been lifted.It seems like there is a lot more going on beside a gain change.Is there a technical reason why this is happening?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #11 on: 8 Dec 2016, 03:11 pm »
[/quote

Yes, a spot on  description of the sound! Almost like a veil has been lifted.It seems like there is a lot more going on beside a gain change.Is there a technical reason why this is happening?
[/quote]

Have I ever been wrong?   :notworthy:

Higher gain > more power applied to output circuits > better resolution and increased clarity