If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

mcallister

I have an LS-4 cabinet setting here waiting for testing. As soon as I have the time for it then I will see what I can do with it. If it works out then I will also make it available as a kit.

Question about this. AV123 has these listed on their website as "in stock". Did you design the crossover for these? Are they waiting on you to design the crossover? If it does'nt work out curious what will happen with the ones av123 have in stock?

Danny Richie

Question about this. AV123 has these listed on their website as "in stock". Did you design the crossover for these? Are they waiting on you to design the crossover? If it does'nt work out curious what will happen with the ones av123 have in stock?

No one has these in stock. I still have to design the crossover for them.

mcallister

No one has these in stock. I still have to design the crossover for them.

Thanks! I thought I saw it mentioned that AV123 listed them as in stock.

freerider

I'd like to start putting the filling in my LS6's.  So far on my list of potential products is:
No Rez, Asphalt Lining, Polyfill, and maybe some other type of batting.

Can I get the experts' advice on which one to use, and how to properly apply it?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
If you are putting together a set of LS6's, now is not the time to go cheap and compromise the deadening material to try to save $50.  Get the No-Rez for the main cabinet and poly fill or fiberglass in the tweeter compartment. 

Danny Richie

In addition to the No Rez, I also add a very loose fill of poly fill or fiberglass insolation in each woofer compartment from the back wall to the front flare of the port and to the side behind the tweeter box.

The tweeter box gets a densely packed layer of the poly fill or fiberglass insolation.

freerider

Thanks!  So the No Rez...that should cover all internal surfaces that are not braces...basically the sidewalls of the cabinet?  It should be applied with Liquid Nails or something?

S Clark

It is peel and stick- very easy to apply.  You can cut it with a power saw, or use a knife.  If you use a utility knife, you will have to make multiple passes to get through it.

Bizarroterl

How much polyfill should be used per LS6?  5lb?

mms3

I'm considering getting a pair of LS6 enclosures from AV123.  Does anyone know if they have the radius on the back side of the woofer cutouts like Danny was talking about here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=83841.msg815740#msg815740.  Its hard to tell from the pictures.

Danny, is this even necessary on the LS6 or LS9?

S Clark

Does anyone know if they have the radius on the back side of the woofer cutouts like Danny was talking about ...

My pair of AV123 LS9 cabinets are standing in the living room, waiting to be stuffed, so I went and looked.  I expected them to have round overs behind the woofer cutouts, but they don't  :?- so I may try to set up my router and do a bit of work on them. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
My pair of AV123 LS9 cabinets are standing in the living room, waiting to be stuffed, so I went and looked.  I expected them to have round overs behind the woofer cutouts, but they don't  :?- so I may try to set up my router and do a bit of work on them.

That's a shame. Especially since the drivers are small and the front baffle is thick. Doesn't matter as much with larger drivers and thinner baffles (in that combination), me thinks  :scratch:

Anand.

mms3

Bummer.  Maybe something like this: http://routerbitworld.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FREUD%2085-364&click=1680.  I'd be worried about scuffing up the veneer, though.

Maybe its not needed, though.  I don't see it mentioned in the enclosure plans.

Danny Richie

It's not as big of an issue with the LS-9's as the crossover point is 850Hz.

mms3

It's not as big of an issue with the LS-9's as the crossover point is 850Hz.

So, for the LS-6's, you'd recommend going over them with a router?  It still seems like a good deal.

Danny Richie

So, for the LS-6's, you'd recommend going over them with a router?  It still seems like a good deal.

I am sure that I would be doing that with any pair of mine.

Be sure and tape over the surface so you don't scratch the finish with your router.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
This is interesting.  I've worked on X-LS', X-CS', X-SLS', and a Voce and I'm pretty sure none of the woofer holes are routed out on the inside. :scratch:

Unless it doesn't matter for those.

Danny Richie

This is interesting.  I've worked on X-LS', X-CS', X-SLS', and a Voce and I'm pretty sure none of the woofer holes are routed out on the inside. :scratch:

Unless it doesn't matter for those.

Odd, I spec'ed them out to be that way.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
x-cs classic

x-ls (early onix version) looks ok

x-sls encore

x-voce

x-omni

Another x-ls classic I just picked up (Cali)
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2010, 01:36 am by corndog71 »

johnzm

my non encoremtm's and x-cs also are the same as corndogs :(

:( :duh: