FS: Juicy Music Blueberry Xtreme with Cream tube preamp

kriton

• Lurkus Professionalis
I have for sale a BB Xtreme. This preamp has the phono option, with remote in a flawless walnut case.  I recently (~2 months) sent the pre in to Mark Deneen to have the "maxim" mods applied, and a separate set of line outputs for the addition of a subwoofer.  The mods increased the base response so much that a subwoofer was unnecessary; truly an impressive upgrade.

Cosmetically, the unit is perfect.  No cracked  RCA jacks on the back panel, remote is in very good nick, and the sound of the unit is warm and revealing.  Note the dovetailed wooden case has square corners, not the typical rounded off- this was one of the last Blueberry's produced after Mark announced he would not be making more.

Asking $2500.00 due to rarity, phono option and mods.  Prefer pick up in Knoxville, TN but I will discuss shipping - the cost to send this to CA for upgrades (without heavy wood case) was close to $100.00, FYI.

sunnydaze

Re: FS: Juicy Music Blueberry Xtreme with Cream tube preamp
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2015, 12:34 pm »
Great preamp.  I have the same one, last spring I had the Maxim and p/s mods done.  I also added a second set of variable outputs.

Despite its excellence, JM is not one of the darling names here on AC.  I think you'd get more action over on the Klipsch boards.  Lots of folks over there know and love JM gear.  You'll often see WTB ads for JM gear.  I suspect however, you'll need to accept a bit less to get it sold.

My advise -- be sure of your decision.  Owned a BB years ago when Mark first introduced it.  Sold it.  Missed it.  Bought it back.

GLWTS!      :thumb:

PS:   I also owned Dodd 120's.  Tremendous amps!