How to use the Squeezebox Touch to play DSD files on a DoP compatible DAC

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
I think it has to do with input change on the Oppo.  If you power it down or use it as a disc player the Touch loses the USB connection to the Oppo.  Don't know why?

The 105D is DSD over DoP only.

Interestingly I can hot swap into the PWD without issue.  It sees it, I select the PWD USB in the Touch Digital outs and it reboots and plays.  Hmm??

jt25741

I think it has to do with input change on the Oppo.  If you power it down or use it as a disc player the Touch loses the USB connection to the Oppo.  Don't know why?

The 105D is DSD over DoP only.

If I power off the Oppo-HA-1 I need to reboot the Touch to see it again.   If I change the input (say to toslink/Coax etc...) and back to USB --- the connection persists.

golfugh

Need to figure this out, have to sell the PWD II or the wife will kill me after getting the MW mod on the 105D!  Ha!

golfugh

Fixed...shorter cable! Common knowledge I know, but something to think about when using the Touch USB out (never intended for audio out) into your DAC of choice.  Went from a 1.5m to a 3 foot cable and all is well.

bprice2

For anyone still using the ole' trusty SB Touch...you can now play DSD (DSF, DFF) 2 channel files natively via USB.  You'll need to update LMS to 7.9 and the Touch to 7.8 and add the DSDPlayer plug-in along with the EDO app.  This is all part of the work completed by Triode.

I'm outputting Brothers in Arms in DSF to the Modwright Oppo BDP-105D via DOP (not DOP Flac) as I write this.

LMS 7.9 and Touch FW 7.8 also allow WAV files up to 24/192k, you no longer have to have Flac for anything greater than 24/96.

Just google the SB Touch and LMS 7.9.  It's all there.  There is a lot to go through, but it works!!

Mark
Works like a charm.  Thanks.

audiogoober

Works like a charm.  Thanks.

+1  :thumb:

Thanks bprice2 - and also to golfugh for all of his help. This is fantastic!

« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2014, 12:08 am by audiogoober »

rompolompo

Is there a way to convert the DoP FLAC back into DSF?

Thanks!

msommers

I just read through this thread, among many others, and I just want to clarify how to set up my network.

All my music (including DSD64 / .dsf files) is on my computer in my office. My SBT is location with my stereo system in the living room. I have used a home wired network to connect everything thus far.

The amp/dac I use is a Hegel H360, which is listed as supported in the Google Excel Doc. So I'm thinking that the following setup should work:

Office PC w/ JRiver streaming over ethernet cable to SBT -> (EDO) USB-Out on SBT to USB-In on H360.

So should essentially move a DSD file over the network, through the SBT, out the USB port so the H360 can play it (only input to play DSD).

Does this seem to be correct??!

rompolompo

You can stream directly to the H360. Make sure your PC runs MinimServer (A UPnP server) or something similar. Your H360 will be able to access the music directly without using SBT at all. Also, look for a good NAS to move all your music files to.