After waiting 3 months the DAC-10 is finally here, but...

Wind Chaser

...the remote ain't working. Fresh Duracell's but the remote is not functional.  :evil:

JackD

Re: After waiting 3 months the DAC-10 is finally here, but...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2017, 07:49 pm »
John

I know it doesn't help with the Nuprime remote but if you have a Harmony remote laying around the codes for the DAC-10 are on the website and that way you can verify that it is the remote and not the IR receiver on the unit. 

Edit:  I had a Harmony 300 lying around so I loaded the codes for the DAC-10 and it does work.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2017, 09:03 pm by JackD »

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2017, 09:08 pm »
Did you get a new DAC-10 with a faulty remote?
Please create a help desk ticket (go to the website for link to help desk).  Support staff don't visit audiocircle so please go through our support channel.
Thanks.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2017, 09:15 pm »
Did you get a new DAC-10 with a faulty remote?

It is a brand new DAC-10 from a sealed carton (nice packaging btw) and I double checked the batteries, so I'm pretty certain it is the remote, unless it's the receivers sensor?

Please create a help desk ticket (go to the website for link to help desk).  Support staff don't visit audiocircle so please go through our support channel.

Will do - thanks.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2017, 09:17 pm »
John

I know it doesn't help with the Nuprime remote but if you have a Harmony remote laying around the codes for the DAC-10 are on the website and that way you can verify that it is the remote and not the IR receiver on the unit. 

Edit:  I had a Harmony 300 lying around so I loaded the codes for the DAC-10 and it does work.

Thanks, but I don't have a Harmony. Might not be a bad idea to pick one up though.

SFDude

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm »
NuPrime will make you whole again...

Let us know your DAC-10 impressions and any comparisons you are making with it.

-dave

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2017, 12:19 am »
Okay, so I've been assigned a number for a support ticket.

In the meantime I picked up a Harmony remote, programmed it to work with the DAC-10 and it does work. So I think it's safe to say the problem isn't with the DAC-10 itself, but just the remote. That's a relief as I want to start breaking this thing in.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 1 Nov 2017, 12:21 am »
NuPrime will make you whole again...

Let us know your DAC-10 impressions and any comparisons you are making with it.

-dave

The DAC being replaced by the Nuprime is almost 10 years old, so a comparison wouldn't mean much in this particular case.  :lol:

JackD

« Reply #8 on: 1 Nov 2017, 01:51 am »
John

Glad you were able to pick up the Harmony and start the break-in and listening process. I think you will be as impressed with the quality of the preamp section as well as the DAC. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2017, 01:58 am »
Yeah, I sure hope so. I was ready to demand my money back and go with something else, but I'm glad that didn't happen.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov 2017, 06:18 am »
John,

What was the reason for such a long delay? Was it the dealer, the factory, or other?

I'm shocked it took three months. I've bought all my Nuprime gear from John Casler (in L.A.) and he's always taken very good care of me.

I look forward to your impressions.

I wanna hear about your Cherry amps, too.

Michael

Wind Chaser

« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2017, 06:33 am »
John,

What was the reason for such a long delay? Was it the dealer, the factory, or other?

I'm shocked it took three months. I've bought all my Nuprime gear from John Casler (in L.A.) and he's always taken very good care of me.

Hey Michael,

The reason? It's a long story and I'm not sure what to believe, but at least I have it now and in the 10 hours it's been on, I already can hear a pretty significant and favorable difference.

First impressions of the amps is good too. They really wake up the Spatial's and make them sing.

It's still early in on the break in process, but everything is moving in the right direction.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 1 Nov 2017, 05:13 pm »
Okay, I haven't quite got 24 hours on the DAC-10 yet, but this DAC has already gotten to the stage where any inclination I might have had to explore vinyl is completely out of the question. This DAC is amazing!

rustydoglim

« Reply #13 on: 1 Nov 2017, 06:44 pm »
Okay, so I've been assigned a number for a support ticket.

In the meantime I picked up a Harmony remote, programmed it to work with the DAC-10 and it does work. So I think it's safe to say the problem isn't with the DAC-10 itself, but just the remote. That's a relief as I want to start breaking this thing in.  :thumb:

Please mention this in the helpdesk ticket so that our support staff can go ahead to send a replacement remote.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #14 on: 1 Nov 2017, 07:37 pm »
Thank you - and DONE!

John Casler

« Reply #15 on: 3 Nov 2017, 08:42 pm »
John,

Michael

I was going to ask the same question.  Normally you should have your gear no more than 7-14 days (unless production has stopped like Chinese NY)

I have sent out or ordered several NuPRIME  Amps, Integrateds, and DAC's to Spatial owners who seem to love them.

JackD

« Reply #16 on: 3 Nov 2017, 10:19 pm »
The ST-10/DAC-10 combo is the best I have tried on the M3 TS' and now on the TM's. Each piece is good on it's own but combining them elevates the performance.  All of my Nuprime gear came from Mark and 10-14 days was the outside window on all but the pre-order IDA-8.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #17 on: 4 Nov 2017, 12:32 am »
About 60 hours in and I'm really liking the DAC-10, it is better than I had hoped it would be. Now all I have to do is wait a replacement remote to arrive.

rustydoglim

« Reply #18 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm »
@John, I think this is the Canadian customer.  We had some problem with Canadian distribution in the summer but it has been resolved now with a new distributor.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #19 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:36 pm »
That's what I heard from two different dealers. In any case all that's behind me and I have the DAC now. :D

Do you know if a replacement for the remote has been shipped yet?