Recommend in ear headphones please

stlrman

Recommend in ear headphones please
« on: 15 Mar 2014, 02:56 pm »
I have been doing a lot of listening to music via headphones.
I am looking for comfort and very good sound.
I would like to spend  $50 but could go up to $100
Thanks,
Todd
They will be used from iPhone

roscoeiii

Re: Recommend in ear headphones please
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:25 pm »
Hey Todd,

I really love the Kplisch X10, they can be found on sale for under $100 if you are patient.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2014, 06:38 pm »
Thanks Roscoe!,
I am think ink about these Sony headphones , just from the review, and they are about $50
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-100-in-ear-headphones/
I will do some research on the Kplisch though

battermoose11

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2014, 08:26 pm »
IMHO for the price, The Koss Porta-pro is great.

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2014, 09:16 pm »
Also look at Inner Fidelity's Wall of Fame.

Very experienced headphone reviewers over there.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2014, 11:05 pm »
I have a few Sony IEM's and like them all, I recently picked up Nuforce 600 iems and they are excellent, the Ultimate Ears UE500 is a nice one I have some of those also......

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2014, 11:50 pm »
I bought both my daughters NuForce iem's this year, and they use them with iPads or iPad mini's.

Good sound for me, over the moon for them.

I even steal a set off them from time to time when I need to fly for business - they equal my Shure 215's and are easier to shove into my ears (I use foam tips on the Shure's).

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2014, 12:10 am »
Zagg had them (the Nuforce) as ZR6 I think and I got some on sale and liked them then Massdrop had the Nuforce Version 600, both sound exactly the same to me but the Nuforce has a much better cable on theirs but the earpieces look exactly the same....I wonder who really makes them???

viggen

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2014, 04:00 am »
My vote is for JVC.

http://www.amazon.com/Victor-In-ear-Headphones-HA-FXT90-Japanese/dp/B004VHAJJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395115126&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+hafxt90

Personally, I think it blows away any Sony IEM under $200.  Caveat.  I haven't heard any of the armature driver ones.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2014, 06:55 am »
I may try them myself viggen, there is a real nice JVC I saw on head-fi somewhere that was pretty pricey but sharp looking dark wood....I could swing those you  linked us to though....hmmm

ernest787

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2014, 03:04 pm »
Not to hijack the thread but I'm in a similar boat.  I have a pair of Klipsch s4's that i've used for a few years and have been happy with.  I only use mine for listening at my desk at work, or on occassion when running.  The left ear phone is coming apart and so it looks like it's time for a new pair.

I'm looking in a similar price range and have looked at the Hifiman re4 and the RHA 750.  Anyone here have any experience with either?  Would you choose either of those over any of the other recommendations in this thread?

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2014, 03:58 pm »
Is the re4 the all silver one thats like 99 bucks? If so its on my list as next possible, the reviews are darn good. The other i don't know by the number. Look at the nuforce ones mentioned above, nice open clean sound.
 The klipsch always had me thinking and almost bought some once, what do they sound like??

coke

« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2014, 04:38 pm »
We've owned several sets of Etymotic and have been pleased with all of them.

ernest787

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2014, 05:23 pm »
Is the re4 the all silver one thats like 99 bucks? If so its on my list as next possible, the reviews are darn good. The other i don't know by the number. Look at the nuforce ones mentioned above, nice open clean sound.
 The klipsch always had me thinking and almost bought some once, what do they sound like??

yup those are the ones.  I've read great reviews, and they are in the price range so I'm definitely considering them.

The Klipsch are very solid.  Bought them like 3-4 years ago and paid like $75 for them.  Think they can be found much cheaper now.  If you have ever listened to any klipsch speakers, they have a very similar imaging quality.  That can be good or bad depending on your thoughts of Klipsch, lol

dB Cooper

« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2014, 02:59 pm »
Ditto on the Etymotics, I have a pair of hf3's and like them a lot. Had a pair of MC3's before ($79 IIRC) which were quite good. Also, although they don't have a lot of audiophile "cachet", don't overlook the Apple in ear monitors (not the horrible "el cheapo" ones, the $79 BA ones).  They have a neutral signature not unlike the Ety's but if anything, better detail. I hate gel tips but they are quite nice with Comply foam tips (a package of which would bring the total to your $100 limit).