Summer Sale 2017

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Summer Sale 2017
« on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:34 am »
Since we did not do any summer shows this year we will have a sale on the DiDs open to all!

We also have DiDs designed specifically for speakers now as well as black anodized versions.

thanks,
lou

mcbuddah

Re: Summer Sale 2017
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2017, 10:25 pm »
Lou, I'm looking at options to better support my speakers now that I am fully moved in to my retirement house.  Based on the unbelievable improvement the DiDs and TT platform made under my CD player on the floor in my temporary system,  I want to give your new speaker DiDs a chance before some alternatives I am considering.  My speakers are a pair of Snell B-Types that are 5-sided boxes that were designed by Kevin Voecks to sit on 5 brass spikes in the bottoms.  I started to experiment with alternative support more than 5 years ago and have come to prefer using only 3 footers.  The best-sounding to date are Rollerbolock Jrs.  After 25 years of dancing these things around, I am pretty good at locating them in balance and they do sound great.  Good as they sound,  the speakers wiggle like a bowl of Jello when my bumped and I need to find a lossy solution that sounds at least as good while adding some stability. 

My question concerns your ads for the speaker DiDs when they first came out.  You said in the picture that they are designed to used with spikes.  As I would prefer to avoid spikes for these speakers,  how do you think they would perform right against the speakers' wood bottoms? 

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2017, 11:33 pm »
Lou, I'm looking at options to better support my speakers now that I am fully moved in to my retirement house.  Based on the unbelievable improvement the DiDs and TT platform made under my CD player on the floor in my temporary system,  I want to give your new speaker DiDs a chance before some alternatives I am considering.  My speakers are a pair of Snell B-Types that are 5-sided boxes that were designed by Kevin Voecks to sit on 5 brass spikes in the bottoms.  I started to experiment with alternative support more than 5 years ago and have come to prefer using only 3 footers.  The best-sounding to date are Rollerbolock Jrs.  After 25 years of dancing these things around, I am pretty good at locating them in balance and they do sound great.  Good as they sound,  the speakers wiggle like a bowl of Jello when my bumped and I need to find a lossy solution that sounds at least as good while adding some stability. 

My question concerns your ads for the speaker DiDs when they first came out.  You said in the picture that they are designed to used with spikes.  As I would prefer to avoid spikes for these speakers,  how do you think they would perform right against the speakers' wood bottoms?

crazy busy today but we have tried them without spikes and they do work. will be back in the shop wed, give me a call then and we can talk.
thank,s
lou

advanced101

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2017, 09:19 pm »
Can you talk about the construction of the speaker DID? 

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2017, 03:50 pm »
Can you talk about the construction of the speaker DID?

These are similar to the DiDs using dissimilar materials for resonance control and isolation, they are larger and do NOT have bearings which can limit dynamics.