I "HAD" TO SELL MY X-KINNY 6s

sch

I "HAD" TO SELL MY X-KINNY 6s
« on: 27 Sep 2016, 04:10 pm »
Last night I took my X-Skinny 6s to a friends house that has a smallish room where he has a pair of LS6s (too large for that room IMHO). I was looking for to try them with better gear and a fully acoustically treated room, which he has.
He is now using an UNISON tube amp and a Blunt Stibbert Italian CD player. Diffusers/absorbers all over the place.
Some friends, some wine and at the end, he told me: "These speakers are not leaving this house". So, I will be "forced" to buy another kit from Danny in the next weeks to build another pair for me.
Voices and imaging were amazing, the treated room helped (I guess) for tight and fast bass.
It seems that these little guys with its wood "coat" are going to be popular around here.
Question: If you had to choose a small subwoofer to be a good complement which one would you recommend ?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: I "HAD" TO SELL MY X-KINNY 6s
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2016, 05:43 pm »
Santiago,

That's what you get for doing such a good job  :thumb:

On the up side, now you can do the more organic design, which looks fantastic by the way.

As for subs I would build one of Danny's 12" single driver sealed designs, either the regular or sandbox, to go with the Skinny 6's.

As good as open baffle subs sound, I prefer the match of like with like. That's why I run open baffle subs with my open baffle speakers and a sealed sub with my N3's. Also, the sealed sub is a lot smaller than the OB subs.

That's just my preference. I'm sure there are others who prefer open baffle subs regardless of the type of speaker.

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2016, 06:43 pm »
You did a great job with those too. They look fantastic.

I too would recommend a single 12" servo sub in a sealed box. It will be a great combination.

sch

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2016, 07:53 pm »
Thanks! I already received the go ahead from the new owner of the X-Kinnys so Danny will receive my PO today :D
Santiago