Diffusion vs absorption? My set up

Nuance

Re: Diffusion vs absorption? My set up
« Reply #60 on: 26 May 2012, 02:08 am »
Are the absorbers at the first reflection point?  They appear to be forward of where I would expect them to be.  They are also high and not in line with your ears and the speaker cones.  The left side is going to hit the couch which is fine.  Lay that left one horizontally along the top of the couch and lower that right one down 2 feet and see what you get.

Based on that ETC plot you have zero delay and lots of mush gong on at once. 

What do you mean by "mush?"

The first reflection panels are in the correct spot, yes, which is a little forward of the half way point.  The are up high because of the love seat, and I wanted to mirror image them.  Should I turn them both on their side and run them the long way at tweeter height?

Edit: saw the post explaining ETC - cool, thanks.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2012, 10:54 pm by Nuance »

kiwi_1282001

« Reply #61 on: 8 Aug 2012, 05:46 am »
I just read all four pages of your thread in AudioEnz. A fascinating and very informative/helpful read. It was fascinating to study your journey and the huge improvements you gained.

Very few people document and explain their changes any where near as well as you have. I found it way more helpful than reading piles of documents on the theory of room setup.

Thank you very much.

Rod

Hi Rod,

Further updates have now been posted.   Been "playing" comparing absorption and diffusion on the rear wall with interesting results.

nwboater

« Reply #62 on: 8 Aug 2012, 03:10 pm »
Hi Rod,

Further updates have now been posted.   Been "playing" comparing absorption and diffusion on the rear wall with interesting results.

Hi Kiwi,

Thanks for the updates. Just read your recent postings at audioenz. Glad to hear that you are still making improvements.

I'm quite impressed with your whole approach. You are not at all hung up on others theories, but are willing to experiment to find what truly works best for YOU. Commendable!

And you are continuing to document your changes in a very clear and concise manner that can be understood by most people.

Thanks again for sharing all your efforts and successes!

Cheers,
Rod

Bjorn

« Reply #63 on: 8 Aug 2012, 06:27 pm »
Not to put anyone down, but one might want to take what is written in that thread about LEDE with a grain of salt. I just skimmed through some of it and there's a lot of misunderstanding.