Is VMPS out of business?

audiomagnate

Re: Is VMPS out of business?
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jul 2012, 12:55 am »
Just for the record, I am a huge VMPS fanboy and promote the brand in person and on the web. I even went on Yelp and corrected the fact that they thought he was out of business. I have talked to Brian twice and he seems like a great guy, but from my point of view, this company doesn't exist anymore. We're talking months now. No website, no orders shipped, credit card info taken and promises made. I give up. Best wishes Brian, but you need help.

Rclark

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jul 2012, 01:04 am »
I plan to get around to hearing these, and I am particularly interested in the subwoofers. After the Epiks I think I want to try these next. They look awesome. I hope VMPS is ok. Looks like a company that has been around a long time.

fredgarvin

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jul 2012, 04:00 am »
Just for the record, I am a huge VMPS fanboy and promote the brand in person and on the web. I even went on Yelp and corrected the fact that they thought he was out of business. I have talked to Brian twice and he seems like a great guy, but from my point of view, this company doesn't exist anymore. We're talking months now. No website, no orders shipped, credit card info taken and promises made. I give up. Best wishes Brian, but you need help.

I think you are out of business, the troll business, Shirley.

/mp

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jul 2012, 02:53 pm »
Quote from: jackman on  2 Jul 2012, 05:17 PM

Now that it is cleared up, this thread should be deleted!  It's not fair to VMPS to have this kind of thing floating around. ...   The OP's post and speculation are irresponsible and just wrong. 

Agreed. The title of the thread alone can lead to confusion and misinformation.

I disagree. It strikes me as a reasonable question in response to a corporate website out/blocked for an extended time period. I also have a hearty dislike for revisionist history. Your mileage may vary. Feel free to start a new thread, "VMPS is still in business even though website down." Perhaps add company phone number, address & any other pertinent info in the text. 

/mp

fredgarvin

« Reply #24 on: 25 Jul 2012, 04:16 pm »
"VMPS is still in business even though website down." Perhaps add company phone number, address & any other pertinent info in the text.

Not a bad idea.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 27 Jul 2012, 08:37 pm »
My last communication with the Verio host was two weeks ago.  I followed their instructions about "pointing" the domain name to their new server, but nothing has happened yet.  The www.vmpseurope.com site is up and working.  I will give it another try this weekend with the Verio/networksolutions people and see what happens.

We have shipped all backorders except one (15" Megawoofers).  We have also shipped assembled product and continue to do so.  I expect the 15" MW within one week.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #26 on: 27 Jul 2012, 09:55 pm »
Brian you need to delete this thread or change the heading so it is more fitting with the subject.  it can't be good for folks to see "Is VMPS of out business" as a thread everyday they come here.......Just Sayin.  :surrender:

Brian Cheney

« Reply #27 on: 28 Jul 2012, 05:29 pm »
I don't like to delete threads just because of a negative tone.  If customers have problems they can always post here and I will respond.  I see elsewhere on this board that some audio companies have hit hard times due to the economy.  VMPS is fine, and I have almost returned to full strength.  I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

Darac

« Reply #28 on: 29 Jul 2012, 03:06 pm »
The site www.vmpseurope.com works very well.

duck851

« Reply #29 on: 1 Aug 2012, 08:48 pm »
We have shipped all backorders except one (15" Megawoofers).  We have also shipped assembled product and continue to do so.  I expect the 15" MW within one week.

My tweeters came today - thanks Brian.   :thumb:
I hope you're doing well. 

audiomagnate

« Reply #30 on: 9 Aug 2012, 06:26 am »
And my woofer and badge might be arriving soon. Excellent news! Will VMPS be at the show in Denver this fall?

audiomagnate

« Reply #31 on: 10 Aug 2012, 12:25 am »
I got my upgrade. Brian and VMPS rock my world!!!!! Thank you so much! VMPS is the best speaker company on the planet. Hey Brian, are you coming to Denver?

audiomagnate

« Reply #32 on: 2 Sep 2012, 02:52 pm »
The new "Megawoofer" bottoms out on the first scene in Master and Commander at moderate levels. It really is a POS. Does anyone have an original 15? I will "upgrade" you for free. 

audiomagnate

« Reply #33 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:04 pm »
Website still down, shipping garbage woofers, no badge yet after three promises and four months. Put a fork in it. VMPS is out of business as far as I'm concerned. It sounds like it might have been a great company ten years or so ago. So Sad.

Signed.

Disgusted x fanboy.

audiomagnate

« Reply #34 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:10 pm »
My last communication with the Verio host was two weeks ago.  I followed their instructions about "pointing" the domain name to their new server, but nothing has happened yet.  The www.vmpseurope.com site is up and working.  I will give it another try this weekend with the Verio/networksolutions people and see what happens.

That was July. Website is still down. You seem like a nice guy on the phone, but you are ruining your reputation, or am I missing something?

OzarkTom

« Reply #35 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:41 pm »
delete

JohnR

« Reply #36 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:45 pm »
That's a domain squatter. Brian's domain is vmpsaudio.com.

Brian Cheney

« Reply #37 on: 2 Sep 2012, 08:21 pm »
The woofer we sent you was as close a replacement for that in your speaker (STR) as possible: poly cone, rubber surround. 25Hz Fs, 300W power handling, diecast frame.  Those are all better specs than the Gefco woofer in your STR.

If your application is primarily HT we have an Eminence made driver that has twice the Xmax and 500W power handling.  Cone is paper/Kevlar.  If you'd like a no charge exchange, let me know.

In future, do not post here using abusive language.
« Last Edit: 2 Sep 2012, 09:36 pm by Brian Cheney »

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #38 on: 2 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm »
...You seem like a nice guy on the phone, but you are ruining your reputation, or am I missing something?

you are definitely missing something...   :o

doug s.

rbbert

« Reply #39 on: 7 Sep 2012, 03:05 am »
I just wanted to post that I received my Larger Sub today, just about 3 wks after ordering!  Serious listening will begin in a few days, but it was pretty easy to set up.