How about a 0" depth Alpha Series wood panel

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: How about a 0" depth Alpha Series wood panel
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2016, 07:46 pm »
I like this new configuration better for aesthetics and the depth of the sound, but obviously I am not getting the same wide soundstage.
Not sitting with my head right at the back wall (old long wall set up) has given an improvement which may be even more improved
with some absorption/diffusion  treatments behind the new listening position?

Yes thick treatment on the back wall (coming soon Alpha 6A) will help with low end nulls and peaks coming from that area. Also bass trapping in the corners (Alpha CT corner bass trap) will further improve the low end response. For the sound stage I would recommend treating the early reflection points with either the 242, 244 or Alpa 4A or (coming soon to the sight) Alpha 2A (2")

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2016, 07:50 pm »
.... Also bass trapping in the corners (Alpha CT corner bass trap) will further improve the low end response. ..... (coming soon to the sight) Alpha 2A (2")

:o

Pics or it didn't happen Glenn!!!

Best,
Anand.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jan 2016, 08:01 pm »
:o

Pics or it didn't happen Glenn!!!

Best,
Anand.

:lol: :lol: Actually the picture I posted from the NAMM show has the Alpha Corner traps in them. They are the ones in the corner.

jriggy

« Reply #23 on: 14 Mar 2016, 05:21 pm »
I am waiting and hoping to hear the announcement of the Alpha Wood -Panel only - being able to be purchased. I would love to add them to a few existing panels in my room...
Also I had the idea of creatively hanging a Alpha scatter panel on the curtain rod / hanging in front of the heavy velvet curtains. I see this being able to help me alleviate a slight imbalance in my room due to the curtains.
So I could actually use them in quite a few places...

::praying emoji::

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2016, 10:22 pm »
I am waiting and hoping to hear the announcement of the Alpha Wood -Panel only - being able to be purchased. I would love to add them to a few existing panels in my room...
+1

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #25 on: 16 Mar 2016, 11:34 am »
Also I had the idea of creatively hanging a Alpha scatter panel on the curtain rod / hanging in front of the heavy velvet curtains. I see this being able to help me alleviate a slight imbalance in my room due to the curtains.
So I could actually use them in quite a few places...

::praying emoji::

We are still trying to work this out! Needless to say we have a few concerns so I would recommend you email me at glenn.k@gikacoustics.com. I don't think we will be listing them on the website. Here is a few of our concerns.

1) We have our products independently lab tested per our design and standards. It's impossible for us to know fully the impact the wood panels would have when retrofitted not only on our treatments, but on competitor's products or DIY treatments.
2) We don't have instructions on retrofitting the wood face, so attaching it to a panel would be hit or miss for a customer. And the panel would not look or perform 100% correct, which we do not want.
3) We do not want pictures posted on the internet of the Alpha wood fronts on panels that aren't 100% correct.  The wood faces are not exactly the same size as our standard products so they won't fit when attached to existing products.
4) Perhaps greatest reason of all: The Alpha Wood Series is GIK's intellectual property and we do not wish to compromise the copyright or our trademark.

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #26 on: 16 Mar 2016, 04:36 pm »
Hello Glenn,

Thanks for explanation... and I do understand GIK's concerns regarding the Alpha's.
Do you have the same concerns for the Scatter Plates?

Steve

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #27 on: 16 Mar 2016, 04:38 pm »
We are still trying to work this out! Needless to say we have a few concerns so I would recommend you email me at glenn.k@gikacoustics.com. I don't think we will be listing them on the website. Here is a few of our concerns.

1) We have our products independently lab tested per our design and standards. It's impossible for us to know fully the impact the wood panels would have when retrofitted not only on our treatments, but on competitor's products or DIY treatments.
2) We don't have instructions on retrofitting the wood face, so attaching it to a panel would be hit or miss for a customer. And the panel would not look or perform 100% correct, which we do not want.
3) We do not want pictures posted on the internet of the Alpha wood fronts on panels that aren't 100% correct.  The wood faces are not exactly the same size as our standard products so they won't fit when attached to existing products.
4) Perhaps greatest reason of all: The Alpha Wood Series is GIK's intellectual property and we do not wish to compromise the copyright or our trademark.

Hey Glen,

Reason #4 is all you need to say and as you mention, people may just make their own panels and use your fronts on them to save money.

I get it, but it sure would be nice for your customers. Can't you ask for proof of purchase and only sell to people who have your products? No receipt or record from you, no sale.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #28 on: 17 Mar 2016, 11:41 am »
Hey Glen,

Reason #4 is all you need to say and as you mention, people may just make their own panels and use your fronts on them to save money.

I get it, but it sure would be nice for your customers. Can't you ask for proof of purchase and only sell to people who have your products? No receipt or record from you, no sale.

:D :D Hence the reason I asked people to email me.  :D :D

jriggy

« Reply #29 on: 30 Mar 2016, 08:03 pm »
Ive emailed a couple times... I understand your position, if you guys have decided not to do this in any way shape or form. But if so, maybe you could let us know.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm by jriggy »

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #30 on: 4 Apr 2016, 07:20 pm »
Ive emailed a couple times... I understand your position, if you guys have decided not to do this in any way shape or form. But if so, maybe you could let us know.

I a sorry if I missed something in my emails, but I have not seen anything. We are but on a case by case basis. I don't want to leave customers high and dry, but at the same time do not want to open this up on the website.  There are just too many factors to do it that way.

Wig

« Reply #31 on: 24 Jun 2016, 07:25 pm »
Glenn,

Any chance the Alpha panels will fit over our existing 244 panels?

Thanks,
Wig

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun 2016, 09:11 am »
Glenn,

Any chance the Alpha panels will fit over our existing 244 panels?

Thanks,
Wig

No there would be around 1/4" space on the outside of the panel. The Alpha is cut on a CNC so it cuts away a bit of the outer edge.