Santa delivered EARLY!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Santa delivered EARLY!
« on: 20 Dec 2014, 05:11 am »
Santa AVS invoiced me for one pair of VR55 Aktive"s today!  My VSA dealer demo's will arrive by the end of Feb if the elf's have their way!  I've owned so many VSA models over the last 20yrs but the 55's stand out as one, most special.   I was completely taken by them at the recent RMAF.  So much so, that no matter which room, no matter how expensive, no matter how big or small the package, the 55's were 2nd to none in speed, dynamics, finesse, bass control and passion evoked.  The build quality, fit and finish in hi-gloss black is like no other I have seen. 
I extend an invitation to my audiophile friends in Texas and beyond to come by for "a listening experience, not soon forgotten". 

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Jack
Houston
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2014, 10:42 pm by jab »

JackD201

Re: Santa delived EARLY!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2014, 08:04 am »
Beat me to the punch big time Jack. I'm looking at April. Congratulations!

Jack
Manila

:D

gammajo

Re: Santa delivered EARLY!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2014, 03:38 am »
Congratulations Jack! Keep us well informed of the joy they bring.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2014, 08:36 pm »
Thx Gammajo!  Tho the new 55's won't be delivered for at least another 2 months they are already filling my home with joy,,, in anticipation.  I can't wait to report on the delivery date of my twin's!

Best to you and my friends on the VSA board this Holiday season!

Jack
Houston

Delacroix

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2014, 12:43 am »
Back at ya Jack, and all fellow VSA circle friends. Have a peaceful holiday season and best wishes to all for 2015.

Let us know when those bad boys arrive - some of us might feel like a road trip!

Peace

Patrick

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2014, 09:30 am »
Congratulations Jack, enjoy! :D

htradtk

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2015, 11:49 am »
Just curious, would the drivers in the 55's fit into the VR5 anniversary MKII's? Congrats Jack on your new 55's! :)

Henry

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2015, 12:15 pm »
That's a great question.... The 55's are a redesign.  The Annie's using dual 9" woofs vs the 55"s custom dual 8's and they are Aktive.   New tweeter, midrange and rear (ribbon) amb driver too. The cabinet is dead, and I mean free of internal vib.  I used to dream of dropping a Vette 327 engine in my then Yellow VW Fastback but it wouldn't have the same "sizzle" as the yellow Stingray I lust for.  I guess the answer is yes, you could switch out the drivers but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.  I'll keep everyone posted when they arrive!  The 55's will require a long break-in and I'm hoping VSA can drive em long and hard before shipping.  If you live near or visiting Houston, I'd be happy to share the experience with you and my VSA forum friends!  Jack

htradtk

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm »
Jack, thanks, I think it would be better to just get the 55's, but it would be interesting to have it done if possible. Would love to hear your 55's when you get them. I would need to hop on a plane from Baltimore. :)

Henry

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #9 on: 7 Jan 2015, 01:07 pm »
Come on down Henry!!!!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #10 on: 7 Jan 2015, 01:15 pm »
BTW Henry, nothing in its class or price range can compete with the VR 5's!  I could have lived happily with mine but once the model was discontinued the decision was made easily after hearing the 55's at the RMAF. 

htradtk

« Reply #11 on: 7 Jan 2015, 04:45 pm »
Very true Jack, I first heard the old VR-5SE back in 2008 and I was blown away, so I purchased a pair, about 2 weeks into my order I get a call from my dealer and said there's been an upgrade to the "Anniversary", I had a very tough choice to stay with my original order or to take the new Anniversary, of course I said, give me the Anniversary! Best decision I made! Then, back in the fall of 2012, I sent my Anni's back to VSA for the MKII upgrade, another good decision. Now we have the 55's, the problem is $$$. One more thing to say, start saving $$$!

Henry