Tempesta Purchase

fathead

Tempesta Purchase
« on: 19 Jul 2013, 11:25 am »
I purchased an pair of tempesta's and they will be here today cant wait , looking forward to listening to them  :D

maxboy00

Re: Tempesta Purchase
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm »
Congrats on your purchase!

The Tempesta's are an excellent speaker very well designed using top notch drivers.  And dealing with Rick is very easy and an enjoyable experience. Enjoy them!

pawsman

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2013, 09:39 pm »
fathead,
Please review it when you get a chance; I'm looking at trading up to the Tempesta eventually-

pawsman

danny01

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2013, 08:23 am »
Also Would Appreciate It If You Could Compare The PresTigio Vs The Tempesta.

fathead

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2013, 01:46 am »
I have spent a few hours now listening to the Tempeta's and they sound very very good  , I noticed right away that they just disappear sitting in the sweat spot is not that crucial anymore which has always been an issue due to my seating . I also noticed that when listening to some female vocals the highs are not as bright as they are with some other speakers I own with the Raal . I am listening to multi channel SACD and
using a  Sardonyx center and S6 surrounds they blend very well with the tempeta's . I am also using a TC-12 Sub . I have owned 8 pairs of speakers in the last few yrs and I think its going to be hard for me to let go of these . I will have more time to spend with them next week and post more .

I don't think you can do better for the price , excellent combination of drivers   

jonbee

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm »
I noticed right away that they just disappear. Sitting in the sweat spot is not that crucial anymore which has always been an issue due to my seating . I also noticed that when listening to some female vocals the highs are not as bright as they are with some other speakers I own with the Raal .  I have owned 8 pairs of speakers in the last few yrs and I think its going to be hard for me to let go of these . I will have more time to spend with them next week and post more .
I don't think you can do better for the price , excellent combination of drivers
I sold these Tempestas to Rod. As much as I like my new speakers (Daedalus RMAs, list $7500) I'm having a bit of a case of seller's remorse. I would have liked to have kept the Tempestas too- the overall performance is close enough that my wife couldn't pick a favorite.
As Rod mentioned, the sweet spot is astonishingly wide with the Ts, with a great soundstage at least 30 degreees off axis, whereas with my new speakers the best area, wonderful as it is, is only one seat wide. Also, the top end extension and air of the RMA, while good, is not as good as what the RAAL offers.
But- I decided I could only keep one pair. My wife loves the solid walnut cabinets of the RMAs, and the 8" woofers in a cabinet twice the size as the Ts pressurizes my hard to load room better.
One thing this underscores to me once more is what an astonishing bargain the Tempestas are.

fathead

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2013, 01:31 am »
Picked up a Eastern Electric Minimax Plus Dac with Dexa opams  these Tempesta's sound so awesome I was molded in my chair for an hour so smooth and detailed the bass was punchy and tight .

Awesome speaker   Thanks Rick and Jonbee for making this happen   :thumb:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2013, 10:31 pm »
Picked up a Eastern Electric Minimax Plus Dac with Dexa opams  these Tempesta's sound so awesome I was molded in my chair for an hour so smooth and detailed the bass was punchy and tight .

Awesome speaker   Thanks Rick and Jonbee for making this happen   :thumb:

Good to hear that you're enjoying them. Let me know if you need any help with selling the Prestigio pair. Since you've heard both a comparison might help others choose in the future.

fathead

« Reply #8 on: 2 Aug 2013, 02:05 am »
 :banana piano:
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2013, 06:50 pm by fathead »

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 2 Aug 2013, 02:14 am »
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Okay Moderator what happened to my account ?

The site administrator changed your status due to the Salk thread.