New member intro

groovy.guru

New member intro
« on: 3 Sep 2015, 04:26 am »
I am the proud new owner of a pair of Von Schweikert db99's, purchased from forum member kgturner. I kind of feel bad that he had to give these up, but I am really glad to be the new owner of them. These bad boys are a great match with my 8 watt per channel Coincident Frankensteins. This is the most dynamic sound I have ever heard in my room by far, albeit I have not heard it all. It is too bad VSA does not sell these anymore. Honestly, after hearing these for awhile now, I think I would pay full retail for these speakers if they were still being sold.

Other speakers that I have owned:

Quad ESL-57
Quad ESL-63
Quad ESL-988
Magnepan IIIa
Apogee Stage
Merlin VSM-MXe
Coincident Victory II

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2015, 02:29 pm »
Sellers remorse, I sold my pair of ebony db's w/matching super tweeter yrs ago!  Damn!  On the upside, I now have a pair of VR55's and the internally pwrd control over dual woof's are superb!  Congrats on ur new acquisition!  Throw away the shipping crates! They are keepers!

groovy.guru

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2015, 03:30 pm »
Thanks jab! And congrats to you on your VR55's!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2015, 07:42 pm »
Enjoy your dB-99's,  GG!  They were one of the best speakers made for SET amps. I'll bet your system rocks!

groovy.guru

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2015, 06:39 pm »
Thank you Albert! It is amazing how dynamic the db99's sound with my 8 watt per channel monoblocks. The db99's really startled me last night when the drums kicked in on one of the tracks that I was listening to (Jeff Beck and Jan Hammer Group Live, "Darkness/Earth In Search of a Sun").  Listening to this track and other cuts from this album made me feel like "I was there" in a way that really improves upon the other other speakers that I have owned. Thank you for such a great product.