Triode American Speaker Cable

dpatters

Triode American Speaker Cable
« on: 8 Dec 2014, 01:45 pm »
Pete built a custom length bi wire speaker cable pair to go between my mono blocks and my Vapor Joule Black speakers.

First of all the service was phenomenal, the communication was top notch, and the build quality is awesome.  I can't say these
cables beat my $$$$ cables I had previously. I can only compare them to the Level 3 Anti-cables that they replaced.  The sound
is more full and extended in the lower and upper frequencies.  I would say the Anti-cables were a little on the lean or thin side
compared to the Triode Wire Labs. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from TWL again.

Thanks Pete for a great product at a fair price.

Don

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Triode American Speaker Cable
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2014, 02:56 pm »
   After 400 hours of play they will be better yet.

charles

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2014, 03:26 pm »
   After 400 hours of play they will be better yet.

charles
Thanks.  I have a way to go as I have about 50 hours on them.

Emil

« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2014, 04:17 pm »
Thanks.  I have a way to go as I have about 50 hours on them.

In that case, you haven't heard nuttin' yet :D

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2014, 03:28 pm »
   If you have SS gear run for one full day 24/7. Then let cool down for a minimum of 5 hours for the dielectric to settle. Then 12 hours on 12 hours off. Or 5 hours on and 5 hours off repeatidly if running tubes
   Enjoy !

charles

alan m. kafton

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2014, 06:37 pm »
Rollo....point of information.  Triode Wire Labs uses the audiodharma Cable Cooker, and recently upgraded to the new HI-POWER model.

Conditioning (break-in) was already done, and the cables will only need a short number of hours to settle in and sound their best.  Certainly no need for another 400 hours of system time.

KLH007

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2015, 08:58 pm »
Pete built a custom length bi wire speaker cable pair to go between my mono blocks and my Vapor Joule Black speakers.

First of all the service was phenomenal, the communication was top notch, and the build quality is awesome.  I can't say these
cables beat my $$$$ cables I had previously. I can only compare them to the Level 3 Anti-cables that they replaced.  The sound
is more full and extended in the lower and upper frequencies.  I would say the Anti-cables were a little on the lean or thin side
compared to the Triode Wire Labs. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from TWL again.

Yes, thanks Pete for making great cables at affordable prices! I liked his American Speaker Cables so much I had my GT Audio Works GTA 2 planar speakers internally wired with it, I couldn't be happier! Happy New Year Pete.
Kemper

Don

KLH007

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2015, 04:27 pm »

Don

Yes, thanks Pete for making great cables at affordable prices! I liked his American Speaker Cables so much I had my GT Audio Works GTA 2 planar speakers internally wired with it, I couldn't be happier! Happy New Year Pete.
Kemper

Audioclyde

« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:55 am »
Pete recently sent me his speaker cables for my setup.  To say I'm thrilled with the sound would be an huge understatement!!!

These cables, in my system and to my ears, just sound so natural, musical and life-like!!!  I've tried numerous considerably more expensive speaker cables but I am happier with Pete's speaker cable than any I've had before.

If you are looking for speaker cables, I strongly urge you to give these a try!

Randy

jriggy

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2016, 02:46 pm »
Pete recently had his RMAF sale, that I understand is usually reserved to show attendees only but since he was not at the show, the sale was open to all. I figured what a great time to give his speaker cables a shot… Boy am I glad I did!

I have used TWL power cables for years now. I went through many brands of PCs up into the $1k+ price point but once I heard what the TWL cords could do I began the process of outfitting the whole system with them. Paid off in spades.

Now with the TWL Speaker cables entering the mix, like others have said, I am getting an organic and musical flow like I have not heard from any other SCs Ive tried. I have had SCs officially recommended by manufacturer and had SCs that retail for near $5k directly compared to the TWLs.

Here is an example of this pure musicality I am experiencing with the TWL SCs:
I am somewhat of a DeadHead (understatement ;)) and it takes work going through the vast number of live shows available from the Grateful Dead to get to know the shows and to know your favorites —there are so many expressive and emotional musical moments buried in their shows and it takes an expressive and dynamic system to really get to some of these subtler moments. My system can do that...BUT for some reason Ive had trouble with that and this band and just thought that maybe my system had become to “hi-fi” for their music or something. There was just something missing in ALL sorts of emotionally expressive music and not just the Grateful Dead. Like my system had to much instrument separation and not enough...micro dynamics(???) (I don't really know where this last lil bit of magic lies) that was somewhat stifling that last bit of emotional connection. It WAS there in many recordings but hard to get to fully with others… I never would of thought that just by switching speaker cables would be the final synergistic piece of the puzzle… It didn't take long to feel those emotional swells. I am enjoying my favorite music obsession like Im in my 20’s again.

What it is exactly is hard for me to pinpoint. The organic flow, musical conversation and relationship between band members is just easier to realize now.

Highly recommended.

dpatters

« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov 2016, 03:54 pm »
Since I started this thread back in December 2014 the speaker cables were my first TWL purchase.  Here we are two years later and I have added a full loom of Pete's power cords to my system.

2 HP Digital American
2 Standard Digital American
1 Seven Plus
1 Ten Plus

All I can say is my system never sounded better. Truly hi end products at a price most of us can reach.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2016, 04:40 pm »
Pete recently had his RMAF sale, that I understand is usually reserved to show attendees only but since he was not at the show, the sale was open to all. I figured what a great time to give his speaker cables a shot… Boy am I glad I did!

I have used TWL power cables for years now. I went through many brands of PCs up into the $1k+ price point but once I heard what the TWL cords could do I began the process of outfitting the whole system with them. Paid off in spades.

Now with the TWL Speaker cables entering the mix, like others have said, I am getting an organic and musical flow like I have not heard from any other SCs Ive tried. I have had SCs officially recommended by manufacturer and had SCs that retail for near $5k directly compared to the TWLs.

I am somewhat of a DeadHead (understatement ;)) and it takes work going through the vast number of live shows available from the Grateful Dead to get to know the shows and to know your favorites —there are so many expressive and emotional musical moments buried in their shows and it takes an expressive and dynamic system to really get to some of these subtler moments. My system can do that...BUT for some reason Ive had trouble with that and this band and just thought that maybe my system had become to “hi-fi” for their music or something. There was just something missing in ALL sorts of emotionally expressive music and not just the Grateful Dead. Like my system had to much instrument separation and not enough...micro dynamics(???) (I don't really know where this last lil bit of magic lies) that was somewhat stifling that last bit of emotional connection. It WAS there in many recordings but hard to get to fully with others… I never would of thought that just by switching speaker cables would be the final synergistic piece of the puzzle… It didn't take long to feel those emotional swells. I am enjoying my favorite music obsession like Im in my 20’s again.

What it is exactly is hard for me to pinpoint. The organic flow, musical conversation and relationship between band members is just easier to realize now.

Highly recommended.

As a fellow Deadhead I totally agree that the full TWL product list (speaker, power, and USB cables) really gets my system and the music grooving!!

:dance: :dance:

Like jriggy said..."HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

George
« Last Edit: 2 Nov 2016, 12:28 am by zybar »

Triode Pete

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2016, 12:21 am »
Since I started this thread back in December 2014 the speaker cables were my first TWL purchase.  Here we are two years later and I have added a full loom of Pete's power cords to my system.

2 HP Digital American
2 Standard Digital American
1 Seven Plus
1 Ten Plus

All I can say is my system never sounded better. Truly hi end products at a price most of us can reach.
As a fellow Deadhead I totally agree that the full TWL product list (speaker, power, and USB cables) really gets my system and the music grooving!!

:dance: :dance:

Like jriggy said...HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

George

Highly recommended.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind accolades! I'm glad your hi-fi rigs, outfitted with Triode Wire Labs cabling, are bringing you much pleasure!!

Enjoy,
Pete

dflee

« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2016, 02:41 am »
Pete: Breaks over, get back to work! Glad others find the SC as good as I do.

Don

zacho

« Reply #14 on: 2 Nov 2016, 09:44 am »
these are next on my list along with the spirit interconnects. last 2 cables to complete my full loom!

jriggy

« Reply #15 on: 2 Nov 2016, 01:52 pm »
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind accolades! I'm glad your hi-fi rigs, outfitted with Triode Wire Labs cabling, are bringing you much pleasure!!

Enjoy,
Pete

Thank YOU, Pete!

It appears that your offerings can stand tall is some VERY nice audio systems.

Jason

dflee

« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2016, 02:16 pm »
I think what they do for a more modest system is incredible.

Don