Ulysses have arrived in the North East

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Ulysses have arrived in the North East
« on: 21 Oct 2011, 10:06 pm »
Response Audio was once an authorized dealer for Daedalus Audio and our views and opinions on these products has not changed over the years. The Daedalus loudspeakers are a special product and one we are proud to have in our showroom.

We are not a "dealer" for Daedalus but have offered our showroom to make these speakers available for anyone who wants to audition them and can make it to our place.

As seen in these pictures below, we still have a bit more work to do regarding room treatments and final setups in the new location.

Current system set up to get things rolling. The preamp is the Purity Reference and the amps are some Purity prototype 500 watt hybrid amps that the speakers absoluteley love. At the moment I have no tube amps available as they were all lost in the flood but.......

Coming next week we will have a pair of Melody M845 mono bloc amplifiers!

Possibly this upcoming week I may also have some Audio Note pieces to try with these speakers including a apir of Quest Silver mono blocs.

Big Red Machine

Re: Ulysses have arrived in the North East
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2011, 11:21 pm »
Nice speakers.  Like those amps as well!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2011, 11:50 pm »
Coming next week we will have a pair of Melody M845 mono bloc amplifiers!

I'd like to hear your comments about these when you get them all setup.  Out of curiosity, why do you have products that compete with your Purity line? 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:01 am »
Out of curiosity, why do you have products that compete with your Purity line?

We really don't have any products that compete. The only products we use compliment our purity products. Purity does not have any tube amps or speakers out at this time. What was it that brough that question forward? Just curious.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:12 am »

We really don't have any products that compete. The only products we use compliment our purity products. Purity does not have any tube amps or speakers out at this time. What was it that brough that question forward? Just curious.

Oh.  I thought you sold amps as I've seen one in the trading post.  Also, I didn't know that you are also a retailer for other products other then the ones that you manufacturer and sell.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:17 am »
Oh.  I thought you sold amps as I've seen one in the trading post.  Also, I didn't know that you are also a retailer for other products other then the ones that you manufacturer and sell.

Fair enough. Response Audio is strickly a retail company now which I also own. Purity Audio Design is a partnership between myself and Joe Jurzec who owns the retail company Jam'n Audio. They are all completely separate companies.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:27 am »
Fair enough. Response Audio is strickly a retail company now which I also own. Purity Audio Design is a partnership between myself and Joe Jurzec who owns the retail company Jam'n Audio. They are all completely separate companies.

Yeah I knew that.  I guess I'm a bit surprised that other manufacturers would want anyone that is involved in a manufacturing company to be see their products "naked".  This is audio and not what I do so I guess anything goes.   :dunno:  All good!   8)

Please do keep us posted on those 845 mono blocks though. 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:33 am »
Yeah I knew that.  I guess I'm a bit surprised that other manufacturers would want anyone that is involved in a manufacturing company to be see their products "naked".  This is audio and not what I do so I guess anything goes

The product lines I have in house are not a problem. Everyone I represent know me and have for years. They all know how capable I am of going inside their product but also know I would do that unless they approved it for such things as modifications or service work.

For example, the distributor for Melody, Hugh of Angle City Audio, has become a good friend and he knows that I am capable of performing any service or repair work on these products so it becomes a relationship that is beneficial to both parties. Being on the West Coast, I can handle any service work here on the East Coast without having to ship cross country.

Please do keep us posted on those 845 mono blocks though

You got it. I can't wait myself. :thumb:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2011, 05:51 pm »
glad to have a pair of Daedalus speakers back in your showroom! 

thanks for the support

lou

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2011, 12:33 am »
The honor is mine Lou

Today I was able to spend a little time with them using a pair of Audio Note Quest Silver Signature 300B mono blocs with mesh plate 300B tubes. I also have a pair of large 75 watt Tenor OTL 6C33 mono bloc amps in house for a while. also an Audio Note OTO SE integrated amplifier. Next week or so, I will have the Melody M845 mono bloc amplifiers on hand as well.
I get to have some fun for a while!!

If anyone is interested in these speakers, Melody amps, Purity Reference or Audio Note products, now is the time to make an appointment for and audition.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2011, 01:00 am »

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #11 on: 23 Oct 2011, 01:42 am »
It's my personal honor and pleasure to have Bill joined our little group. :)

Thanks Bill,
The product lines I have in house are not a problem. Everyone I represent know me and have for years. They all know how capable I am of going inside their product but also know I would do that unless they approved it for such things as modifications or service work.

For example, the distributor for Melody, Hugh of Angle City Audio, has become a good friend and he knows that I am capable of performing any service or repair work on these products so it becomes a relationship that is beneficial to both parties. Being on the West Coast, I can handle any service work here on the East Coast without having to ship cross country.

You got it. I can't wait myself. :thumb:

kingdeezie

« Reply #12 on: 23 Oct 2011, 02:43 pm »
Bill, I might just one day take you up on that and come and listen!

Knowing what speakers I have now, since you built my crossovers, how would you compare them to the Ulysses?

I have been eyeing the Ulysses for a while. They won't overload my room as bad as what I have now, and they are high efficiency which means I wouldn't have to get rid of my Manley Neo Classic 250's to properly power them.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #13 on: 23 Oct 2011, 03:25 pm »
Bill, I might just one day take you up on that and come and listen!

Anytime. Just give me a little advanced warning.