Welcome to Humour and Jokes

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Welcome to Humour and Jokes
« on: 2 Sep 2015, 03:44 am »
Welcome to Humour and Jokes. This circle is where you can post funny & witty jokes for other members to enjoy. Please be mindful that political/religious jokes are considered unacceptable if posted in a victimizing manner that disrespects a person or group of people. Make this an enjoyable part of the forum for others.

Much like audio, humour is a very... individual thing. What you may find hilarious may be deathly boring for others. Don't be offended, nor flame other members, should your particular brand of humour differ.

Most importantly, have fun!

djbnh

Please delete
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2017, 06:28 pm »
Please delete...sorry

Wind Chaser

Re: Welcome to Humour and Jokes
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2017, 02:53 am »
Welcome to Humour and Jokes... Please be mindful that political/religious jokes are considered unacceptable if posted in a victimizing manner that disrespects a person or group of people.

Hi Jerry,

Could you clarify what you mean by"...if posted in a victimizing manner that disrespects a person or a group of people."

That sort of seems at odds with the notion of zero tolerance.

rockadanny

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2017, 03:02 am »
Why another "Joke" thread? How is this different than "Joke of the Day"?

ServerAdmin

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2017, 03:03 am »
John, the site-wide rule is "no politics." Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. And BTW, it is not "zero tolerance," plenty is "tolerated."

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2017, 03:39 am »
A disrespectful joke??? hmmmm LMAO...I guess yo mama jokes are out of the question.  :lol:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2017, 07:04 am »
John, the site-wide rule is "no politics." Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. And BTW, it is not "zero tolerance," plenty is "tolerated."

I'm sorry, you're right. "No politics" means "no politics" ... but as you say, it is not "zero tolerance," and plenty is "tolerated."  :?

I must be dyslexic to some extent. :oops:  Sometimes the words other people use to express their ideas creates confusion instead of clarity. When that happens I generally ask for clarification. It wasn't my intention to set off any bells, I was just hoping to get clarification on the facilitator's guidelines for this circle. Sorry about that.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2017, 07:06 am »
Why another "Joke" thread? How is this different than "Joke of the Day"?

This isn't joke or another joke thread.

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2017, 01:07 pm »
My bad.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2017, 02:21 pm »
I'm so confused ....

rockadanny

« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2017, 04:55 pm »
Les - don't feel bad, I was too. This is the Circle thread. Every circle has a thread which is simply to explain the rules and regulations of the circle or communicating with the facilitator. Not for you to post other than questions/issues for the Circle facilitator. This Circle has many threads/topics, one of which is "Joke Of The Day". That would be where you would post your hilarious, apolitical jokes.

So my apologies. Just like at home and work, apparently I am the one causing the confusion.

bacobits1

« Reply #11 on: 18 Oct 2017, 05:07 pm »
You're terminated!

I didn't know what was going on either.............don't care. :lol:

MtnHam

• Industry Participant
  • SoundLab and Fritz Speakers Dealer
« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm »
This thread might as well be closed. There is little humor or few jokes that don't offend someone.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2017, 12:53 am »
This thread might as well be closed. There is little humor or few jokes that don't offend someone.

Nowhere in the Welcome Post does it say that jokes cannot be offensive. To the contrary, it specifically instructs readers to not be offended.  :thumb:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2017, 01:22 am »
Hi Jerry,

Could you clarify what you mean by"...if posted in a victimizing manner that disrespects a person or a group of people."

That sort of seems at odds with the notion of zero tolerance.

Okay, let me give it a try.  :thumb:

Way back when I was a newb to this Forum, somebody posted a joke that went something like this:

"What is the Greek Army motto?

Never leave your buddy's behind.
"

However, even back then, the joke was 'binned with the explanation that it's "against the rules to call another nation's army a bunch of fudgepackers".

Capiche? The joke is disrespectful of an entire group of people.

Here's another example:

"A lunatic, an old man, and a spoiled brat walk into a bar. The bartender says 'Why hello, Mr. President'".

This joke would not be allowed. It victimizes the President by suggesting he is a spoiled old lunatic, and it disrespects the Office.

"Hillary Clinton walks into a bar. The bartender says "Get the fuck out of here."

This joke would be allowed. It makes no suggestive or victimizing statements of the political figure and, if anybody is being disrespectful, it's the bartender.

I hope this clarifies the Welcome Post, and the parameters of acceptable joking around. If you would like to pursue further guidance, please peruse the IGWB. There are plenty of examples of broken rules therein.

Have fun,

Jerry

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2017, 02:01 am »
Sounds like semantics....but at the end of the day its all jokes, not to be taken seriously as it is what it is...Max Holloway style. :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2017, 02:09 am »
Sounds like semantics....but at the end of the day its all jokes, not to be taken seriously as it is what it is...Max Holloway style. :lol:
They are indeed all jokes, and joke are funny until somebody who reads through dozen/hundreds of jokes suddenly becomes offended since they've suddenly found one that alluded to them. Then, the world must now bow down to them and beg for forgiveness. When you're not offended, it's easy to say that "it's just a joke". But when Mr. and Mrs. Butthurt shed a tear, now things must change. Not for the greater cause, mind you, just because that's how life is now days (I can't explain, as I don't understand).
"Semantics" become rules depending on who the rule maker is, who is complaining, and which side each one is on. It can even boil down to what mood the rule maker is in that determines the outcome of "offending" comments.
Clear?  :wink:

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 19 Oct 2017, 03:09 am »
They are indeed all jokes, and joke are funny until somebody who reads through dozen/hundreds of jokes suddenly becomes offended since they've suddenly found one that alluded to them. Then, the world must now bow down to them and beg for forgiveness. When you're not offended, it's easy to say that "it's just a joke". But when Mr. and Mrs. Butthurt shed a tear, now things must change. Not for the greater cause, mind you, just because that's how life is now days (I can't explain, as I don't understand).
"Semantics" become rules depending on who the rule maker is, who is complaining, and which side each one is on. It can even boil down to what mood the rule maker is in that determines the outcome of "offending" comments.
Clear?  :wink:

One word> ppppsssshhhhhhh  :lol:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #18 on: 19 Oct 2017, 03:01 pm »
There is an easy solution to this earth-shaking problem on this AUDIO forum (no it's not to get rid of the Jokes Circle!!!).

Before anyone can post a joke there must be a poll to see if ANYONE is offended. And there must be a 3 day waiting period so there is enough time for even the most casual observer to be offended.

Problem solved!  :thumb:

Of course with these new stringent rules the Jokes Circle may just die anyway from disinterest.

Gene

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #19 on: 19 Oct 2017, 03:26 pm »
People that easily offended shouldn't read joke threads.
I'd compare it to a vegan walking into a butcher shop.
Chances are pretty high you're going to see something you don't like.