WAV downloads Qobuz not supported in Sony HAP Z1-ES

shadowsfannl

WAV downloads Qobuz not supported in Sony HAP Z1-ES
« on: 31 Dec 2014, 03:32 pm »
My Sony HAP Z1-ES is not accepting any WAV downloads from Qobuz ( 24 Bit / 96kHz )
I've got many WAV downloads from HD Tracks which play perfect on the HAP Z1-ES

Qobuz costumer service isn't reacting on this problem, besides mail which said "Maybe the Sony HAP Z1-ES can't play WAV files" ........................ :duh:

When transferring these Qobus WAV files to the Sony HAP Z1-ES these files are shown light on the screen of my tablet ( UNPLAYABLE CONTENT (NOT SUPPORTED )

Anyone with an solution ( besides ordering these files in FLAC again )?

ksbruce

Re: WAV downloads Qobuz not supported in Sony HAP Z1-ES
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2015, 01:48 am »
Foobar can convert to flac.

shadowsfannl

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2015, 09:59 am »
Converted it first from WAV to WAV with dBpoweramp Music converter ( as source) , no succes.
Qobuz gives you the right to download the files again in any format you want, so I downloaded it again in FLAC, that plays fine on the Sony HAP Z1-ES, but I prefer playing my music on WAV files , so the problem is not really solved.

rw@cn

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2015, 02:32 pm »
I used to feel the same but lack of Meta data and several close listening sessions convinced me that FLAC is no better or worse than WAV. I now use lossless uncompressed FLAC without any qualms.

avta

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jan 2015, 03:24 pm »
You might consider AIFF if that's available for download. Very similar to WAV but better metadata.

shadowsfannl

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jan 2015, 04:20 pm »
FLAC works fine from Qobuz, so I'll take that as download from them from now on.
 :D

bmoura

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2015, 07:26 am »
My Sony HAP Z1-ES is not accepting any WAV downloads from Qobuz ( 24 Bit / 96kHz )
I've got many WAV downloads from HD Tracks which play perfect on the HAP Z1-ES

The HAP Z1-ES definitely prefers FLAC files to WAV.  And DSD files, of course!  :)

PA

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2015, 09:23 pm »
So it plays Flac and DSD but not WAW.?

Does it play all DSD types?

steve in jersey

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2015, 11:27 pm »
So it plays Flac and DSD but not WAW.?

Does it play all DSD types?

As the OP states in first posting of the thread,he has many WAV downloads from HDtracks that play just fine on his HAP.

It appears that his problem is arising when he tries to play WAV downloads he's sourced from Qobuz. I wonder if whatever "Download Engine" Qobuz is using is somehow incorrectly tagging the WAV downloads as FLAC files when he selects WAV as the format ?

(The funny thing about format convertors is that sometimes when you convert the format to another one keeping the same bit rate your
computer will say it's the same format you converted from upon checking the completed conversion... Well at least this has been my experience occasionally.)