Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 - anyone heard/used one

R_burke

This is a unit I am interested in, but can't find a lot of reviews on it.

Interested in hearing about sound quality and user interface

Quiet Earth

Re: Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 V2 - anyone heard/used one
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2014, 04:55 pm »
Hi,

I have the Stream Magic 6 but it is the older v1. I posted a few comments about it on this thread : http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=130500.msg1381964#msg1381964

The ipad user interface is fine. It's sort of a primitive-windows-file-looking app, but it works perfectly every time. It has never crashed on me. The front panel interface is fine too if you don't mind clicking a lot or using the back button. The hand held remote is fine too. (They are basically all the same thing. They work perfectly but are terribly unsophisticated.)

I haven't set mine up to stream yet. I can't imagine that it will sound any better streaming compared to plugging a hard drive into it. I kind of get bored with streaming a mountain of music anyway.  (See my comments in the other thread.) I just add some files to the cue if I want a playlist, or listen to the radio.

It's a great Internet radio.

mr_bill

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2014, 05:45 pm »
I'm interested in the V2 also.

BobC

« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2014, 06:54 pm »
I took a look / listen to a v1 at a local dealer.  I really wanted to like it, and while the sound was very nice, the app was not impressive.  This plus the net was littered with criticism for the app.

Perhaps v2 improved on some of this....but at last (brief) look the app appeared the same.

In the end I went with a Bluesound Node for half the cost.  Sounds great and the app is sleek and modern.

Hope this helps.