What is the WORST song you've ever heard?

persisting1

Re: What is the WORST song you've ever heard?
« Reply #100 on: 30 Jul 2014, 11:08 pm »
Barenaked Ladies - One Week

schw06

« Reply #101 on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:33 am »
I clearly have no taste because I count 14 songs and 4 bands listed as "worst ever" that I would put in my "like" category (which constitutes not changing the radio station if the song came on). Oh well...

OzarkTom

« Reply #102 on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:41 am »
Roberta Flack's, First Time I Ever Saw Your Face, ranks in the top 5 for me, but after I heard Johnny Cash sing it, I would say his version is tied for second place with PPM..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdSIlVZhsDw

schw06

« Reply #103 on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:48 am »
Make that 15 now

RichPark

« Reply #104 on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:55 am »
I didn't go through this entire list but Yoko Ono made listening to John Lennon's Double Fantasy a wee tad difficult.  I think every other song was a Yoko Ono tune forcing you to run to the turn table lift the arm and drop it on the next John Lennon track. 

Kiss Kiss Kiss is my favorite worst song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasdAIhGOv8

You will have squandered 2:42 of your life if you listen to the entire track.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #105 on: 31 Jul 2014, 08:55 pm »
Iam ashamed to show this crap, it's a 1982 children TV show opening soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZ9WvmKvJw
You have no idea how dumb is this lyrics in the Portuguese language:
Beautiful Blue Balloon
I always live on the ''moon''
Because I'm a scientist
My chat is futuristic
Its lunatic

I always live in the ''clouds''
I have the soul of an artist
I am a dreamer genius
And romantic

I always live in the clouds
Because I am adventurous
Since my first step
To infinity

I always live in the clouds
Because I'm smart and
If you want to come with us
Come that will be stunning

Hitchhiking this comet tail
View the Milky Way, the road so pretty
Playing hide and seek in a nebula
Back home our beautiful blue balloon.
= =   =  =
This is the composer version of this master piece:
http://letras.mus.br/guilherme-arantes/46311/
= = =   =
The ladie singer have the follow biography:
Born: Bernadete Dinorah de Carvalho Cidade, 18July1952
Artist names Baby of Brazil and Baby Consuelo
Was ''Emilia'' in the special "Pirlimpimpim" at TV.
Ran away from home at 17 to Salvador,BA where met Pepeu Gomes, Paulinho Boca de Cantor and Moraes Moreira, with whom he formed the New Bahians. After they all moved together to a granje in Jacarepaguá near Rio.
Pepeu Gomes was married to Baby for 18 years and had six children:
Riroca(I unaware what it means) who changed her name to Sarah Sheeva, Zabelê, Nana Shara, Pedro Baby, Krishna Baby and Kriptus Baby)

The couple always drew attention by colorful and exotic look hair. In solo, Baby spawned several hits, including "Rio Boy" and "without sin and without judgment." In the 80 years, claims to have seen a UFO.

In the late 90s, turned evangelical, creating her own church The Church Ministry of the Holy Spirit of God in Jesus' Name. She say it is a "popstora", a pop star pastor. During Carnival 2011, purple-haired, commanded an Gospel electric trio in Salvador.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2014, 11:15 pm by FULLRANGEMAN »

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #106 on: 31 Jul 2014, 09:22 pm »
I clearly have no taste because I count 14 songs and 4 bands listed as "worst ever" that I would put in my "like" category (which constitutes not changing the radio station if the song came on). Oh well...

We have taste, they don't.

simoon

« Reply #107 on: 31 Jul 2014, 09:50 pm »
How about whole albums, like ELP's 'Love Beach'? Something terrible happened to progressive rock music as the '70s came to a close.

Yep horrible album. Although, "Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman" is not too bad.

Corporate rock and Punk happened.

Good thing there has been a strong progressive music 'revival' since the early 90's. And the bands don't have to worry about record companies expecting a 'hit'.

Bill A

« Reply #108 on: 1 Aug 2014, 01:22 am »
Can't really name just one

Paul Anka "Having My Baby".  A #1 hit 1967. Sheesh   :slap:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #109 on: 1 Aug 2014, 01:55 am »
I'm not a music hater. Everyone should be free to listen to what they want without prejudice. That said.... for some unholy reason I just remembered Captain & Tennille's horrific song "Muskrat Love". The synthesized sound of two rodents having sex is, and forever shall be, the worst thing I've heard in my entire life.

Link

JackD201

« Reply #110 on: 1 Aug 2014, 02:28 am »
The songs every dad must hate…….anything sung by Barney the purple dinosaur.

I love you, you love me,…….ummm, no we don't.

Bill A

« Reply #111 on: 1 Aug 2014, 01:56 pm »
.... for some unholy reason I just remembered Captain & Tennille's horrific song "Muskrat Love". The synthesized sound of two rodents having sex is, and forever shall be, the worst thing I've heard in my entire life.

This should make it better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSt2RoZ8Ek4

Big Daddy's "Hamster Love".  A staple of the Dr. Demento show.

Bill

Wind Chaser

« Reply #112 on: 1 Aug 2014, 05:33 pm »
The synthesized sound of two rodents having sex is, and forever shall be, the worst thing I've heard in my entire life.

What's wrong with synthesized sex?

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #113 on: 1 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm »
Lot of ground covered here already - but also see many tunes and bands I like.  One man's trash.....

Is it the song or the artist that makes something truly bad, or does it have to be both to be THE worst?  E.g. I found Joan Osborne doing "What if God Were One Of Us" excruciatingly annoying, as I did with Eddie Brickell doing "What I Am" , but if someone else were singing it differently, they might be ok or even good songs. 

There so much cynically bad popular music on the air today (and always), that it seems the rule vs the exception.  How to sort and raise one as King of Krap seems difficult.....

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #114 on: 1 Aug 2014, 11:23 pm »
There so much cynically bad popular music on the air today

I agree! Most pop music is.... well not what I would listen to. The need to realize others may like it is a stretch for me but I try...
An interesting aside, I used to play a lot of old school rock, movie soundtracks, polkas, electronica dance and classical music to our college students when they would come to work in the machine shop and most, by a large margin, preferred the old school rock (50's, 60's and early 70's). Surprising how many students knew the lyrics to polkas!!!

Muskratt Love WTF? Never "got it".
Always thought Tennille was kinda hot... Back in the day..but that's another thread entirely!!

Barney was always kind of scary!

jarcher, like your avatar!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #115 on: 2 Aug 2014, 12:24 am »
jarcher, like your avatar!

Thanks - wish I could take credit or claim relation to the pin up girl. Will have to settle for the chair and the quads and imagine the rest.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #116 on: 2 Aug 2014, 01:01 am »

An interesting aside, I used to play a lot of old school rock, movie soundtracks, polkas, electronica dance and classical music to our college students when they would come to work in the machine shop and most, by a large margin, preferred the old school rock (50's, 60's and early 70's).

In our college machine shop the kids play a LOT of classic rock.  Even surf music, Dean Martin and Johnny Cash.  Last week one played some rap.  I grabbed a roll of duct tape, walked into the shop, yanked out the audio cord from his laptop, and put duct tape over the audio jack.  Walked back to my office without a word.  The kid thought it was funny.  But he changed the music.    8)

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #117 on: 2 Aug 2014, 02:44 am »
"Rap" gets a bad rap  :lol:

Don't think I'm going to win any hearts and minds on that topic, but it's worth saying that's there's the good, bad, and ugly, just as in most forms of music & arts. The ratio personally for me is not as favorable as some other forms of music......but I try to keep an open mind. E.g. I'm sure there's been a lot of schlocky classical music produced that just long ago disappeared, but no ones around any more to remind us. Salieri anyone ? and that's a name some of us actually remember and may have heard some of his music.

ctviggen

« Reply #118 on: 2 Aug 2014, 06:33 pm »
Roberta Flack's, First Time I Ever Saw Your Face, ranks in the top 5 for me, but after I heard Johnny Cash sing it, I would say his version is tied for second place with PPM..

I have no taste, either.  I love the Johnny Cash version of this song.

Arethra Franklin, This Christmas is horrible.  It's one of the only CDs I've retired from my collection.  (As of now, it's the only one.)

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #119 on: 2 Aug 2014, 06:55 pm »
Jose' Feliciano tends to get up my nose and Nico's version of "The End" is pretty excruciating, now that the horrible memories have come flooding back in.