Deadheads, check this out!

bprice2

Re: Deadheads, check this out!
« Reply #60 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:55 pm »
It will make me saad! And then mad. Should I I guess I should. :)
Mike

I guess the point I was trying to make is that the first set is a really, really good acoustic set that would be wonderfully recorded if not for the one channel thing.  And, more than likely it's one channel because the guy at the sound board screwed it up (by "it", I mean the master).  :x

mcullinan

« Reply #61 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:58 pm »
I appreciate it! I found a good 1989 show.. I will upload the info when I get home.
Mike

bprice2

« Reply #62 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:11 pm »
Grateful Dead
March 01, 1969
Fillmore West
San Francisco, CA

The link above will download a torrent which will get you over 15 GB of shows from 1969.  To download just the referenced show above
  • click on the link above and download the torrent
  • when your torrent server opens deselect all folders, except "gd69-03-01.sbd.kaplan.4030.sbeok.shnf"
  • after you have downloaded the folder, you will need to convert the .shn files to your preferred codec

Sorry this one is a little more complicated, but it's the only way I've found of downloading this show.  Also, you will notice two other shows from the same date.  I can't vouch for those, but if you get a chance to listen, I'd love to hear about them. 

This March 1st, 1969 is just stellar.  This is definitive rock.  The band is much heavier in these years than later, in my opinion.  It reminds a little of the Feb. 13th & 14th, 1970 shows, but a little further out on the edge.  The sound quality on this one is very good and also reminds me of the Feb. 13 & 14th, 1970 shows.  Once again...the band totally rocks on this one...enjoy.

santacore

« Reply #63 on: 28 Mar 2009, 09:36 pm »
after you have downloaded the folder, you will need to convert the .shn files to your preferred cod

Any suggestions on software to do this conversion, preferably on a mac? Thanks.

bprice2

« Reply #64 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:41 pm »
after you have downloaded the folder, you will need to convert the .shn files to your preferred cod

Any suggestions on software to do this conversion, preferably on a mac? Thanks.

I found Shorten for Macintosh .  It should get you from .shn to .wav, or AIFF.

bprice2

« Reply #65 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:48 pm »
The sound quality on this one is very good and also reminds me of the Feb. 13 & 14th, 1970 shows.

I should have probably added that SQ is a little better on the 70 show than the 69.  Of course, the 69 show is still very good.

bprice2

« Reply #66 on: 31 Mar 2009, 01:09 am »
Grateful Dead 
Fillmore East 
New York, NY
April 29, 1971

Just a heads-up...this link goes to the Lossless Legs website.  You must register to download the torrent.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: 

I can't believe this is free.   :inlove:

jriggy

« Reply #67 on: 31 Mar 2009, 03:36 am »
Thanks so much!

This seems like the perfect place to introduce myself...
I had no idea there was a place like AudioCircle until very recently. Seems diferent than some others  :thumb:
I look forward to exploring, learning more and getting advice. With fellow dead heads will be a  special bonus !
Cant help but feel a little late.

Lets up grade!

J~

tvyankee

« Reply #68 on: 31 Mar 2009, 06:28 am »
hello

i just got home tonight 5min ago from them playing in the roseland in nyc and i walked in the front door without paying one penny. yes you heard that right nothing nada. it was the like nothing i ever sw before. it was great.

sts9fan

« Reply #69 on: 31 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm »
Have you guys seen the new Pure Jerry release?  Its a show from his 86 acoustic tour with John Khan.  These are some of my favorite bootlegs.  I have one from Oregon St Prison in 81 that is kickass.  I have high expectations for the official release.

rydenfan

« Reply #70 on: 31 Mar 2009, 12:43 pm »
Have you guys seen the new Pure Jerry release?  Its a show from his 86 acoustic tour with John Khan.  These are some of my favorite bootlegs.  I have one from Oregon St Prison in 81 that is kickass.  I have high expectations for the official release.

Most of the Pure Jerry releases have been excellent, but I must confess I am underwhelmed by the newest release. This is the first release after the long battle with the Garcia Estate over the last year or two and I was hoping for something big. A single disc release from a year where Jerry had major health issues leaves me a bit skeptical, but hopefully I will be proved wrong...

sts9fan

« Reply #71 on: 31 Mar 2009, 12:47 pm »
I will set up a send space for the Oregon st prison for those who have not heard it.  Like I said it is a pretty good recording with a bit of nastyness.  This 86 tour was the same deal.  I have a disk from it at home but not on my server.  I will look for it,  personally this is some of my favorite Jerry stuff. 

sts9fan

« Reply #72 on: 31 Mar 2009, 12:57 pm »
I was wrong I also have the 86 show from the Ritz in NYC.  Jerry playing Masterpiece with just the bass...AWSOME

If anyone wants these two shows I will post the links soon. They are uploading now. 

DeadFish

« Reply #73 on: 31 Mar 2009, 01:33 pm »
I was wrong I also have the 86 show from the Ritz in NYC.  Jerry playing Masterpiece with just the bass...AWSOME

If anyone wants these two shows I will post the links soon. They are uploading now. 

Very kind of you.
Just let us know, where to go!

:drool:
Thanks!

DeadFish

sts9fan

« Reply #74 on: 31 Mar 2009, 01:36 pm »
Here is the 01/27/86 show.  This is from the same time as the new Pure Jerry
http://www.sendspace.com/folder/tpfwok

The next will be done in 25min

mcullinan

« Reply #75 on: 31 Mar 2009, 01:57 pm »
I could listen to the Dead 24 hours a day.. True! I am diehard fan and will listen until I am 90!
Mike

sts9fan

« Reply #76 on: 31 Mar 2009, 02:17 pm »
82 Oregon ST Prison 05/05/82
http://www.sendspace.com/folder/4951kr

come and get em

mmmm Rubin and Cherise

Airborn

« Reply #77 on: 31 Mar 2009, 08:18 pm »
Thanks for the uploads, sts9fan :thumb:
I am listening to the Oregon State Prison show now, very nice! :dance:
Do you know anything about the recordings (Sound Board, Aud tape, equipment used, etc?)  I ask just b/c I'm anal and note these things on my covers when/if I rip to cd.  :oops:

sts9fan

« Reply #78 on: 31 Mar 2009, 11:18 pm »
If I did it has been lost for sure.  Sorry

Airborn

« Reply #79 on: 31 Mar 2009, 11:29 pm »
If I did it has been lost for sure.  Sorry
Spoken like a true Deadhead :smoke: :icon_lol:
I'm looking at all my old GD cassettes and half the stuff written down is indecipherable. :lol: Thanks anyway.