Stands for 244s

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
Stands for 244s
« on: 31 Mar 2015, 12:51 am »
Hello All,

I have started building a dedicated room in the basement for audio, which is 15X18X8.
The speakers will be firing along the long wall. There is a door that is 6.5 feet from the short wall, along the long wall.
Till now (in the existing room), I have been using 2 244s for first reflections on the walls directly. But going forward, one of the 244s will need to be placed on the wooden door.

To avoid that I was wondering if I could get some stands so that I could place the 244 close to the speakers and avoid putting them on the the door.
Before the question arises - no - I cannot move the door. WAF plays a very important role and she has been thoroughly supportive of my hobby. Trying to put the door in a better position would be a very selfish act on my part, considering the plan she has for the rest of the basement.

Can someone please advise if you have used existing (or older 244s) on custom stands and where these can be purchased?

Thanks!

Hipper

Re: Stands for 244s
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2015, 06:40 pm »
Here!

http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/custom-metal-stands/

In fact I bought wooden stands from GIK which are shown on the UK site:

http://gikacoustics.co.uk/product/gik-acoustics-244-bass-trap-flexrange-technology/

I've had the wooden ones for a couple of years now, moving them practically every day without any problems.

The stands cause there to be a gap of about 11cm between the back of the panel and the wall.

milpai

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2015, 12:30 am »
Hello Hipper,
I did take a look a the GIK site. But I understand that these stands can only be purchased when you order the 244s. I am not sure if you can buy them separately.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2015, 03:30 pm »
Hello Hipper,
I did take a look a the GIK site. But I understand that these stands can only be purchased when you order the 244s. I am not sure if you can buy them separately.

Actually you can buy the stands. You would just need to contact us so we can work up the shipping cost for you.

milpai

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2015, 08:33 pm »
Glenn,
Thank You for letting me know. I did not realize that the stands can be purchased separately.

I was looking at the site and the instructions showed some wooden stands. Will the instructions for assembling and putting the 244s on the metal stands come when you purchase the stands?

My new room (15 X 18 X 8) is ready and I am trying to set up the panels. Will contact you guys soon.

Thanks,

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2015, 04:55 pm »
The wooden and metal stands attach the same way.  :D