micro rendu set up issues

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: micro rendu set up issues
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm »
Setup is very simple.  Even when issues have popped up those people are up and running quickly. 

BCRich1

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2016, 09:55 pm »
I kinda feel there is something wrong with the device then. Don't know for sure though.
Like I said Roon can see it and it can see the Dac. Yellow led flickers continually, not sure what that is indicating. No green led on the other side of the Ethernet connection although I think it was lit for some time yesterday when I got home. This will be my third evening in a row to attempt to get things going.
Gonna try my laptop which is a PC, see how that goes.
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks......Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2016, 10:12 pm »
I kinda feel there is something wrong with the device then. Don't know for sure though.
Like I said Roon can see it and it can see the Dac. Yellow led flickers continually, not sure what that is indicating. No green led on the other side of the Ethernet connection although I think it was lit for some time yesterday when I got home. This will be my third evening in a row to attempt to get things going.
Gonna try my laptop which is a PC, see how that goes.
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks......Mike

What does Jesus say?

If you aren't, you should be working with him.

Looking back at one of your posts, you said you weren't running Roon server...where are you running Roon server? 

My setup is:

PC running Roon Server -> microRendu -> LIO or Vega DAC

George

BCRich1

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2016, 10:38 pm »
Hi George,
I have Roon Installed on my Mac Mini and use my iPad to control. What is the difference between Roon and Roon Server?
Sent Jesus an email yesterday, have not heard back yet. I'm sure he is very busy.
He was helpful with the first issue, there was a problem with the USB output, sent it back, they repaired and supposedly tested and sent it back.
With all the great feedback I was really excited about this, hope we can get resolved.
Do you know what the Green Led on the Network connection is supposed to mean?
Thanks....Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2016, 10:54 pm »
Hi George,
I have Roon Installed on my Mac Mini and use my iPad to control. What is the difference between Roon and Roon Server?
Sent Jesus an email yesterday, have not heard back yet. I'm sure he is very busy.
He was helpful with the first issue, there was a problem with the USB output, sent it back, they repaired and supposedly tested and sent it back.
With all the great feedback I was really excited about this, hope we can get resolved.
Do you know what the Green Led on the Network connection is supposed to mean?
Thanks....Mike

You need a Roon Server running somewhere on the network to play music.

You run Roon or the Roon client to acces the server.  This can be run on a PC, Mac, or iPad.

The green light is either power or connectivity.

George

TomS

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2016, 10:58 pm »
Roon Server and Roon Core provide the same function. Only one can be authorized per license. Roon Server removes the graphical interface so it can run headless, taking less cpu resources. Otherwise they are the same and you just need one or the other. To make it simpler just run Roon Core on the Mini and connect to its local library, authorize it, and you should be fine. Your issue is not the microRendu, it's how to properly configure Roon. You might want to join their forum and ask for assistance there.

BCRich1

« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2016, 11:46 pm »
Thanks for clarifying the difference.  Already had Roon Core up and running on my Mac Mini and worked great, also had HQ Player integrated as well.
I now seems that my original problem is back again. I think the Green Led indicates a Dac connection.  The mR does not see the Dac and Roon does not see the mR.
I'm so not having fun!

BCRich1

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:18 pm »
Update: I was incorrect regarding the Ethernet Led indicators, plugged it back in the next morning and had both Led's but no Dac connection and no device in Roon.
It seems somehow I am managing to blow the USB output board. This is the second time this has happened.
Jesus has been awesome and agreed to repair it a second time.
I for the life of me can't figure out the cause.

BCRich1

« Reply #28 on: 14 Jul 2016, 11:39 pm »
Update:  :D - Listening via Roon as I type.
Big thanks to Jesus & Andrew for awesome support.

Thanks to AC members who chimed in offering their assistance.

The sound is really good via Roon, no comparison to any other devices I have yet. Giving it some break in time.

I did however try HQ Player Mode, big popping sound at the beginning of a track. That will be for another time.
Hope I can figure things out. I do like how HQP sounds via my Mac Mini. Have to see what's what.

* Get the same popping in Roon as well, it is at the beginning of an album or if I pause/play a track.

Very happy it is finally working.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2016, 01:04 am by BCRich1 »