Calling all SongTower owner's - join me in an experiment...

Nuance

I am looking for some SongTower owners (RT and QWT) who are willing to participate in an experiment with me.  Would you be willing to change the tweeter offset from the middle to the outside, compare, measure and then state which you prefer (just swap the left and right speaker)?  Results and preferences will depend on many variables including room acoustics, but I thought it would be a fun experiment.  I've done it, but I am curious to hear what others say.  Which do you prefer?  Does it effect the sound stage or imaging?  Is there more or less treble energy?  For those who have REW or some sort of room measuring equipment, do the speakers measure differently?  Etc.

So who's in for a little experimentation?   aa

randybessinger

Re: Calling all SongTower owner's - join me in an experiment...
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2009, 05:55 pm »
I am looking for some SongTower owners (RT and QWT) who are willing to participate in an experiment with me.  Would you be willing to change the tweeter offset from the middle to the outside, compare, measure and then state which you prefer (just swap the left and right speaker)?  Results and preferences will depend on many variables including room acoustics, but I thought it would be a fun experiment.  I've done it, but I am curious to hear what others say.  Which do you prefer?  Does it effect the sound stage or imaging?  Is there more or less treble energy?  For those who have REW or some sort of room measuring equipment, do the speakers measure differently?  Etc.

So who's in for a little experimentation?   aa

I am in but it might be a while down the line as my SongTowers are loaned out for the next couple weeks.  After I get them back, I will be very happy to do what you suggest.

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2009, 07:47 pm »
^Cool, thanks.  I am curious to see what people think.  Perhaps it will make no difference, little difference or a lot of difference.  Perhaps it will measure differently but won't sound differently.  This is why I'd like to have others try it out.  Then we can compare results.  :)  Keep 'em coming!

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2009, 02:29 pm »
Anyone? 

jd3

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2009, 05:05 pm »
Brandon,
I tried this when I first got my ST's but don't remember exactly how they sounded 'flipped'.  I must have preferred them with the tweeter on the inside as that's where they've been for the last 16 months.  Guess I could try again this weekend and let you know if I notice a difference.

John

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2009, 05:52 pm »
Nuance:

I'll try it, but I don't have any measuring equipment.

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2009, 01:53 am »
^ Thanks to those who volunteered.  Anyone have any results to post?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2009, 06:29 pm »
Nuance,

What are your impressions? I will have mine tomorrow if Fedex delivers etc...I will try the experiment, but it will be in a few weeks...I am starting to travel a bit and will have to fit all this is in.....

Alex