Lost/Unavailable my.bryston.com interface with BDP-3

Ilkatze

Hello, Everyone.

I seem to have lost control of my BDP-3.

I've reset the player/network/password.  I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, I've restarted my modem/router/computers . . . .

All I get is what what you see in the screen shot.  Above the Refresh and Help buttons are the words  "no results".

The only thing that has happened recently is that my Internet provider issued me a new modem.  It does nothing but modem stuff--my own router takes care of everything else.

Does anyone have an idea of what I need to do so that the my.bryston.com page works again?  The page doesn't come up on computers, tablet, or phone.

Thanks....

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Lost/Unavailable my.bryston.com interface with BDP-3
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2018, 02:04 pm »
Will the BDP go into service mode from the front of the unit?

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

Ilkatze

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2018, 03:25 pm »
Hello, Chris.

Yes, it will go into service mode.

I just put it there.

The display reads:

SERVICE: ON: 74
RESET GLOBAL SETTINGS

Ilkatze

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2018, 06:59 pm »
There has been a spontaneous resolution to my problem with accessing the BDP-3.

I’d not used the unit in over a month.  When I turned it on a while back, I had the problem described in my initial post.  After a week or so with no luck on getting things to work, I posted my issue here.

Today, in preparation for a call I was going to make to Bryston support to work through the problem, I turned on the BDP-3 and went in my browser to my.bryston.com.

Everything worked.

Aside from having put the unit into service mode three days ago, I hadn’t done anything else to try to resolve my problem.  I turned the player off after it had been in service mode for a few hours, and not until today had I turned it on again.

I don’t know what's happened, but I’m glad my player is working again.  I’m still curious about what might have led to the problem I had.  I hope it doesn’t return.  I’ll ring Bryston straight away if it does.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2018, 07:10 pm »
There has been a spontaneous resolution to my problem with accessing the BDP-3.

I’d not used the unit in over a month.  When I turned it on a while back, I had the problem described in my initial post.  After a week or so with no luck on getting things to work, I posted my issue here.

Today, in preparation for a call I was going to make to Bryston support to work through the problem, I turned on the BDP-3 and went in my browser to my.bryston.com.

Everything worked.

Aside from having put the unit into service mode three days ago, I hadn’t done anything else to try to resolve my problem.  I turned the player off after it had been in service mode for a few hours, and not until today had I turned it on again.

I don’t know what's happened, but I’m glad my player is working again.  I’m still curious about what might have led to the problem I had.  I hope it doesn’t return.  I’ll ring Bryston straight away if it does.

Hi

When it was in service mode Chris probably fixed it for you.

james

Ilkatze

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2018, 11:03 pm »
My BDP-3 is back on the fritz  :(

No page appears at all now when I attempt to bring up my.bryston.com.  The browser page remains blank, then times out.

I decided to take the unit into service mode, but it doesn't seem to be entering that mode.  After starting a virtual private network, it hangs at "Connecting".

Looks like I'll be ringing the 705 number tomorrow.

UPDATE:

The player is functioning again.  Not sure for how long this time.
« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2018, 10:13 pm by Ilkatze »

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2018, 12:05 am »
The server was offline for about an hour this evening to replace a dead ups