Updated Odyssey setup

AlTran

Updated Odyssey setup
« on: 3 Aug 2016, 08:28 pm »
I don't see much discussions about Odyssey recently. Here is my updated system with added acoustic treatments. Also my new member the Symphonic Line Reference MK III.

Phil A

Re: Updated Odyssey setup
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2016, 08:50 pm »
Looking great!

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2016, 09:16 pm »
Very handsome room AlTran. All the research, careful planning and hard work is clearly evident. I bet
it sounds great.

Does the jar of pretzels on the floor contribute to the room treatment ?

AlTran

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2016, 09:52 pm »
Thanks Phil,
Thanks Lester, well worth the time I spent on this system. I don't think it sounds good. Just pure music at this time.
Yes the pretzels are for pairing with some Heineken.
Oh and I recently removed the stand in the center. It was meant for my vintage speaker stand.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2016, 03:01 am »
That's a great system you've got there! I'm envious of your acoustic treatments.

Pretzels? I thought they were animal crackers.  :lol:

aaron.luebke

« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2016, 02:09 pm »
It's so cool that your significant other let you put a garage door in the living room!!   :o

Are you running two systems?  What goes with which speakers?

Way cool!!   :green:

foz1982

• When I listen to PF the neigbors listen to PF
« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2016, 03:01 pm »
inquiring minds want to know. The small speakers match the liquids, are they an odyssey product ?
Scott

AlTran

« Reply #7 on: 4 Aug 2016, 05:27 pm »
Hello Aaron, my significant other is very supportive, & she even offered to get me a sofa bed so my friends can stay over if needed. I'm running a single system in my garage. The bookshelves called Epiphany from Odyssey as well. They are my 2nd system with all tubes setup in my dining room. I was setting up for a friend who told me that "small speakers have no bass". So I decided to set them up & let him get a taste of the 5" driver which fill up my oversized 2 car garage without a problem. I think I recalled Klaus told me these can go down to 30s. You gotta listen to them to believe. They are really good & I love the mid. Of course the Liquids are a different animal.

hi Scott, yes the bookshelves are Odyssey Epiphany, I actually got 2 pairs of them. The 1st pair is the standard and my friend took them to NYC so I ordered a 2nd pair with upgraded crossovers. You can check with Klaus for further details. I like them a lot, don't let the size fools you. I set them up 5ft for the back wall & still capable of filling my garage with ease at volume level barely pass 9 o'clock position on the Candela. Extremely dynamic for its size.     

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2016, 07:24 pm »

hi Scott, yes the bookshelves are Odyssey Epiphany, I actually got 2 pairs of them. The 1st pair is the standard and my friend took them to NYC so I ordered a 2nd pair with upgraded crossovers. You can check with Klaus for further details.

Nice looking stands under those Epiphany. Are they from Klaus as well?

Best,
LSI

AlTran

« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2016, 09:10 pm »
Lester, those stands are homemade. Klaus said they are ugly looking & he built better & handsome stands. I use the 6"x6" steel which came from a friend's patio, cut them down, solder the feet, bolt down the wood bottom plates, fill them with sand bags. Pretty ugly looking but for sure works really nice as they stand solid & weights in 70 lbs each.