KCS Loudspeakers sale to support autistic son

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
KCS Loudspeakers sale to support autistic son
« on: 30 Apr 2010, 06:42 pm »
From an Audio Asylum post by "Steyr" aka "JohnK" (on Audiogon), posted today April 30th, 2010:

"My wife cleaned my accounts left me with no funds and caring for our son who has autism. His cares near $50k a year and now I'm primary care giver with no help. I have some massive bass horns, altec drivers, utah drivers, fostex amk2, fostex d1400, midbass horns, raal ribbon f120a monitors, fostex fe138esr TL with fostex domes, nordost cables, art audio amp, Electron luv preamp all need to sell to pay for care. I will keep KCS going but need emergency funds to make payment on son's medical care. I write this feeling like a complete fool. But I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place will consider any offers. If you must delete I understand just feeling desperate found her clearing out our accounts confronted her last night and she left."

Here is the link to KCS Speakers website:

http://www.kcsloudspeakers.com/

As you can see John's woodwork is magnificent, but that's just the beginning.  His mark-up is exceptionally low, and every post I've read about his semi-custom speakers has been extremely positive. 

You can e-mail him through his website.

John will never attend an audio show to promote his beautiful speakers because his responsibiliy is first to his autistic son, so he is pretty much off the radar.  He told me once that his son has extremely sensitive ears, and can't stand even the least bit of harshness.  So John's speakers don't go into production until his son approves them. 

John has gone out of his way to recommend my products in various threads on other forums.  While he and I have never met, I consider him to be a friend. 

John, when you have a moment, if you'd like to post images and/or links for some of the items you have for sale, you are more than welcome to do so.

Duke

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: KCS Loudspeakers sale to support autistic son
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2010, 07:21 pm »
Duke,

Thanks for the heads up, very worthwhile cause as autism is a very real condition that requires a lot of behavioral therapy. If you recommend KCS, its gotta be good. I wish your friend luck and will keep my eyes peeled for any woodworking projects that are complex enough to involve his expertise.

This is probably the most massive subwoofer I have seen with a 31.5 inch Fostex woofer, and priced at only $9K! Wow!

All the best and thanks for pointing us out to another excellent craftsman!

Anand.

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2010, 08:00 pm »
I have sent him a request for a quote. Thanks for sharing this Duke...

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2010, 04:30 am »
Duke, what a gentleman you are for your post.  There is no one like you in high end audio.  You and Lori are gems.  Blessings to you both. 

PS: glad to hear LSAF was a success.  I could hear the joy in your email and saw it in on your face in one of the images posted by another memo.

Mariusz

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2010, 04:52 am »
Very sorry to hear that.
The list of items for sell would be the best way to connect with potential buyer.
Prices, pics etc. can help with sell but it can also be done via PM.

Ones again
I hope you get back on your feet John

P.S
I wished to have $$$ for those 31.5 inchers or other of John's creations...... those truly are exceptional.
(my budget is cleaned out but I could help out with small buys like drivers and such)

Best
Wishes

Mariusz

(Duke -  :notworthy:  )