Audior Research Corporation LS2 MK II, Tube Preamp, $850

kentj1948

I am in the process of thinning out some of the equipment that I have accumulated.  I am selling my ARC LS2 MK II line stage preamp.  It is in excellent cosmetic condition and sounds great.  It uses a single 6922 or equivalent tube.  My preamp has RCA inputs and both RCA and balanced outputs.  The remote was a $500 option.  New, the preamp listed for $3150.   I am asking $850.

The only issue with this equipment is the remote which only does volume and mute.  The ARC R1 remote has been balky since I bought the preamp and stopped working totally just as I decided to sell it.  I have found a universal remote that will lower the volume and put the preamp into and out of mute.  It won't raise the volume.  The factory remote wouldn't consistently either so there may some issue with the remote circuitry.  The remote issues don't affect the sound.   

The AC cord has been ugraded from the cheap, ten-foot long captive cord that came from ARC.  The preamp now has a Supra LoRad 1.5 cord with a Furutech AC plug.  The Supra cord is high quality copper and very well shielded.  The new AC cord is 2 meters long.  It was professionally installed.

I am in the St. Louis area and the preamp can be auditioned if you are near
by.  It comes with the factory box and manual.  I will ship it via FedEx. Contact me for a quote.

Let me know if you have any interest or questions. Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053

Sorry, the photo shows it with the original AC cord.  The Supra cord is light blue.

autospec

Re: Audior Research Corporation LS2 MK II, Tube Preamp, $850
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2015, 03:10 am »
Sir:  I have some interest in your LS-2.......The broken remote kills the value on it....They are impossible to buy, Audio Research hasn't had them in years.......If you are interested in a price compromise I will call and give you one........Let me know   Will Vincent