RAD Home Theater has moved to the beach!

Brian Bunge

« on: 3 Apr 2006, 07:14 pm »
That's right!  I'm now in the sunny state of Florida (city of Palm Bay to be exact), less that 10 miles from the beach!  

As such, I'd like to change the style of RAD.  I've always been a huge beach bum at heart, having visited family not far from here almost every summer of my childhood, and fully intend to learn to surf ASAP!  So I need a new logo.  I'm planning on using the tag line:  "RAD Home Theater:  RADically Different!"  I'm hoping one of you fine fellows can help me out with a logo that conveys the beach/surfer lifestyle with an elegant, high end twist on it.  I'm even thinking of offering some different finishes, such as bamboo, if I can get good pricing on it.

I'm also working on revamping the product line, starting off small with just a few products and building from there.  First will be a TM version of the Micros using a Dayton neo tweeter.  Same basic cabinet design, just with an added tweeter and real XO.  

Second will be a small bookshelf speaker using the Dayton RS series 6" woofer and 1" tweeter.  The concept will be small, sealed enclosure designed for two channel and HT for use with a sub.  It will work fine with an 80Hz crossover to a sub and also will make for a great surround speaker.  Hell, use 5 of them and have matched speakers all the way around!

Now I know people will need a sub for their new monitors.  So how about a 13" cube using the new Dayton RS 10"HO driver and a modified 300W BASH amp?  I've got one in figured cherry setup in the living room with my HUGE RS towers (it actually looks kind of silly next to those beasts).  It is a very clean, tight sounding sub and goes well into the mid 20's.  Not too shabby for a small sealed enclosure.

If anyone has any comments about these ideas or wants to help me out with a logo design (I know there are some really talented people here) feel free to post here, PM me, or send me an email.

I'm really excited about being down here as it's been a life-long dream!  Let's hope that RAD can really thrive in this warm weather environment!

wshuff

« Reply #1 on: 3 Apr 2006, 08:34 pm »
How about a surfer in silhouette riding the acoustic wave coming off some big ol' speakers.  Wish I could draw it.

When you say Neo tweeter, are you thinking of using the BG Neo 3?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2006, 08:54 pm »
Stacy,

That's actually not a bad idea.  I was thinking of somehow trying to incorporate something with ocean waves and sound waves.  That might work.  Now if someone could give it a shot...

No, not the BG tweeters, I'm talking about the Dayton neo tweeters.  Small magnet, press fit.  They're only about $5 each, but are pretty good performers.  There's only so much room on a 5"W x 7"H baffle.  The model # is ND20FA, PE part @ 275-030.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2006, 06:04 pm »
Brian, all the best, ya bum!  Glad to see the Micros aren't abandoned.  I've got to do some experimenting with the new Dayton drivers and also the new long excursion drivers from our Canadian buds.  I'm on a budget now though - daughter's wedding will be July 22nd.  Expensive reception :cry:

Logo:  use the nostalgic neon palm tree drawn into your logo.  Palm tree foreground, incoming wave in the middle ground, with RAD, instead of a surfboard, riding into the beach.

I'll keep up with your progress.