Gary Dayton will be at AV Therapy Oct. 27

linnlingo

Gary Dayton will be at AV Therapy Oct. 27
« on: 20 Oct 2016, 09:49 pm »
Gary will be at AV Therapy in Nashua NH next Thursday for their annual Audio Festival. Any info on what new toys he'll be bringing. Gary has done many presentations at the store and they are always excellent. Looking forward to the event.  :thumb:

gdayton

• Industry Participant
Re: Gary Dayton will be at AV Therapy Oct. 27
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:56 am »
Yea! Can't wait. AVT is one of my favorite shops. They just ordered a new 14B Cubed, so we will fire it up. I am bringing the new BLP-1 and BP2. Might bring a BDP-pi if I'm convinced. Certainly will bring a load of our new catalogs, some fun music too. John and Mark are such enthusiastic dudes, their joy rubs off on everyone so their events are a blast.

Hope to see you there. Bring records and friends!
Gary

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2016, 06:56 am »
Gary,

so you are not convinced of the BDP-pi?? if yes, then what are the reasons?

or is it just because you prefer the pure analog sound of vinyl?

al.

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2016, 09:29 am »
No, I meant I was waiting for someone to talk me into shipping it up.

In fact, I'm quite enamoured with the little fella. Between shows and dealer visits, I keep it connected to my downstairs system and it sounds wonderful.

But since the BLP-1 tends to gather more attention, I expect I will be playing more of it tonight. Besides Mark and John have a freakin' tremendous LP collection.

Have you heard the pi yet?
Gary

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2016, 08:17 pm »
Gary,

no I have not heard the BDP-pi yet :roll:

always the same story: as far as i know there is no dealer here in my area who can provide a whole Bryston system to listen to. by 'whole' i mean amp/preamp/source/dac as a minimum. Bryston speakers and cables are also more than rare and hard to find at a dealer's place (regarding my area)...

and i guess the same goes for the BLP-1, etc.

al.

linnlingo

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2016, 01:04 am »
Excellent demo at AVT last night. The TT along w/the phono is very impressive. The 14B Cubed is a killer amp. A bit on the warm side but it has all the detail. I'm an analog guy but the digital sound was as close to analog as I ever heard. No digital harshness at the top. On your next visit how about a Bryston Atmos Processor w/Bryston amps and speakers. Perfect for John & Marks HT demo room. :thumb:

schmidtmike76

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2016, 01:09 am »
Was there a pi there?  Curious as I have waiting to be picked up.