Anyone Heard the Planet10 Demetri with Hemp (driver that is)/ AudioMagnus Lotus?

jrebman

Chris,

Good idea -- let's start a new thread for the F120A fonkens (was going to do that anyway once I was able to listen to them for myself.)

Go ahead and and start the ball rolling.

-- Jim

jrebman

Chris,

Also, if you get a chance, can you give more details on the 300B monos -- don't see any info on the Wrightsound web pages.  Are these interstage transformer coupled?  Tube complement?

-- Jim

chrisby

Chris,

Also, if you get a chance, can you give more details on the 300B monos -- don't see any info on the Wrightsound web pages.  Are these interstage transformer coupled?  Tube complement?

-- Jim

http://www.wright-sound.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=21

Not much specifics regarding circuit topology, and the chassis layout / construction is certainly nothing special - not the same level as the Carina, for example. 

The Mono Seven appears the same as our Mono 8 and also the 3.5 Mono. It uses the 300B, 6SN7 voltage gain and driver, and the GZ34/5AR4 rectifier for smooth low noise operation.

About as much as I can tell you is that it's cap coupled, with a DC filament supply on the 300B, and utilizes power and output transformers from Bud's magic shop (hand wound by a "cute little lady" from Chicawga - just make sure to call her that   :nono:)  .  I haven't yet tried anything other than the stock tubes. Silly me, I forget what they are - and since I'm not at home at the moment, I'd have to wait 'itl later this evening to confirm.

As of today, there is a pair listed here:

http://www.wright-sound.com/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=12

but this could be out of date.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: stewie, was that you? YUP....
« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2008, 06:22 am »
now an interesting build might be FE167 sized Onken

Chris has been itching to build the protos for the FatFonken... i let him loose today. They are almost tall enuff to be floorstanders so i wouldn't be surprised if the end up with a false bottom to fill with sand.

dave