New Products, Pi'ksii (Tube Preamp) and Kitoki v2 (Single Ended Tube Amp)

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
It's been a while since I've posted, but I have some nice products for you now :)

Up first is our new preamp, Pi'ksii

It's a very fast and accurate sounding preamp without the use of a single electrolytic in its design (only film types here. Not a single electrolytic in sight!). This amp is also double choke filtered and tube rectified for all our tube purists!
Entirely single ended, this preamp provides a high input impedance and a low output impedance and can drive very long interconnects. This comes standard with stepped attenuator (made by hand in-house), three switchable inputs and 2 outputs.
More info HERE

Our next product is a revision of the popular Kitoki

This is our newest version of our popular Kitoki amp. We've switched to the more linear 6N6P tube for the front end, while keeping the EL84 outputs and increasing power output to 5w per channel.
It comes standard with a stepped attenuator, Teflon film and foil capacitors and three switchable inputs. This is an exceptional value at this price :)
More info HERE

And all our products are made by me, here in Canada!

As a special offer to my circle, I'll give free shipping to anyone who came from Audio Circle, just send me a message or e-mail.

Ask any questions here and I'll try to respond right away :)

Andrew
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2017, 04:07 pm by Wolf Ear Audio »

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Re: New Products - Pi'ksii and Kitoki v2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2017, 07:42 pm »
I've had a few requests for internal photos. I'm currently working on it and I should have some pics for you guys this weekend  8)

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2017, 03:43 pm »
Here's a quick pic I took for you guys.

It's missing the input switch in the picture, but they will be in in a couple days and I can upload another pic once I have them installed  :thumb:

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2017, 01:32 am »
Very nice looking amp and preamp Andrew - inside and out.  My happy experience with the first Kitoki makes me confident both the amp and preamp will sound sensational.  5w/ch will open things up to a wider variety of speakers too  :thumb:

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Nice clean lines in that build :)

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Thanks for the kind words. Once I finish up my next preamp build, I'll upload pics of that too :)

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
As promised, here's an internal pic of the Pi'ksii.

luckyguy

What kind of sound should one expect as compared to 45 or 2A3 calves in a similar configuration?  Am looking to power a pair of TAD horns.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
What kind of sound should one expect as compared to 45 or 2A3 calves in a similar configuration?  Am looking to power a pair of TAD horns.

That's all entirely based on topology more than tube type (though both the 45 and 2A3 tend to sound a bit "thicker").
The Kitoki is very neutral, fast sounding and has a bit more power than a single ended 45 or 2A3 amp can muster.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Last couple days for free shipping.

And If you're looking to use your own (or different) coupling capacitors or anything else, that can be arranged as well, just message me here or by e-mail!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Reminds me of my Bottlehead days  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Reminds me of my Bottlehead days  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

Bottlehead products are great (I have no association with them, just built a couple of their products).
I highly recommend them.

We use mostly walnut for our wood though (but we can also use anything locally available, just ask)

paul79

• Industry Participant
Are the pics in the first post flip-flopped?

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Are the pics in the first post flip-flopped?
They are not flipped, controls/inputs are on the right side and power/plugs on the left. I can always build it flipped as well if you prefer controls on the left. :)

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Preamp - Pi'ksii...........with picture of amp.

Amplifier - Kitoki ..........with picture of preamp.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Preamp - Pi'ksii...........with picture of amp.

Amplifier - Kitoki ..........with picture of preamp.
Well I feel a bit embarrassed about misunderstanding that.
It's fixed now and the images are in the right spots. :)

paul79

• Industry Participant
Don't be. You build gear rather professionally, so I can let this one slide   ;)

I really like the pre. Very nice build quality. What is the output impedance and max gain? Do you have a hum/noise spec also? I would pair this with sensitive speakers and an amplifier with 25K input impedance, 1V to max power.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
Don't be. You build gear rather professionally, so I can let this one slide   ;)

I really like the pre. Very nice build quality. What is the output impedance and max gain? Do you have a hum/noise spec also? I would pair this with sensitive speakers and an amplifier with 25K input impedance, 1V to max power.
This preamp has unity gain (I have yet to encounter any amp that needed additional gain from a preamp, except the F4 from First-Watt, but that's a very special case).
Output impedance is 400 ohms, so you won't have any impedance matching issues with your amp (this preamp was designed to work flat to work into loads as low as 5K, so it could provide a good signal to your sub amp as well as your power amp).
Hum and noise specs to come (it's on my purchase list next year). I run it with my power amps at home (gain of 20) and have no audible hum from my 95db/1w/2.83v sensitivity speakers. Because the preamp has unity gain(no additional gain) it also adds far less noise.

plakey

Howdy all. Has anyone head the Kitoki v2 with Zu's Omen Mk 2? I have these speakers and I'm in the market for an amp for them. Cheers.

Shogun

Is the Kitoki v2 the  powerful amplifier you were talking about some months ago? Or it's another amplifier not ready yet? My wish is a KT150 SE with around 25w. :)