ZenWave Audio / Dave's Cables UPOCC Copper Power Cable Demo

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I have sent two power cables to AC member happyrabbit for testing, a 14g and 11g cable about 6' long, using the newest Neotech upocc copper connectors, one with gold plating and one with rhodium plating. The wire is my OEM 14g upocc copper litz, with ~1060 strands of individually insulated wire.

Please post or send me a pm if you would like to demo the power cables. Or critique my photography, I just made a light box for macros to take pics of cables and parts.  :green:

« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2014, 11:41 pm by DaveC113 »

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: ZenWave Audio / Dave's Cables UPOCC Copper Power Cable Demo
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2014, 11:48 pm »
Ok, so now that I have a circle I have decided I'd like to do ongoing demos rather than fixed-length tours.

A couple folks have demo'd the power cables and I have gotten some good feedback. These cables are very neutral, clean and dynamic... a good thing for a power cable imo! If anyone is interested in demoing the 11 and/or 14 gauge power cable let me know. I also have a 14 gauge PC without ground for those double-insulated components that do not use a ground.

So we have the reviews in one place here's one from maxima95 and we should get some feedback from happyrabit too...

Dave's Cables 11 ga. Power Cord, w/ Neotech Gold/UPOCC connectors (older version)

Dave was kind enough to let me listen to his 11 ga PC described above.

SYSTEM
(Transport) April Music Stello CDT 100 (DAC) Teac UD-501 (Preamp) BAT VK-3i
(Power Amp) Llano Trinity 200 (Hybrid) (Speakers) Gamut Phi 7
(Cables)(Speaker) Morrow Audio; (Analog-RCA) Dave's Cables DD w/Duelund 2.0
(Analog-XLR) Shunyata Aries (Digital RCA) Darwin Silver Digital
(Power Cords) Triode Wire Labs 7+; Lessloss DFPC Original;

Lessloss DFPC Originals were used on all components. The Triode Wire Labs 7+ was used on the power conditioner.  In lieu of the Lessloss, Dave's 11ga PC was used on the DAC (I haven't tried it anywhere else yet).

Dave's PC sounds similar to his speaker cables.  There was a “liveness” to the sound throughout the spectrum, particularly the upper registers, that added an extra dose of realism.  Bass was nicely prominent and lines were clear and easily followed. The acoustic venue was easily discernable.  Images seemed a bit taller and staging a little wider and deeper.  Great speed, dynamics and transparency.  And it was smooth to boot.  When I swapped other PCs back in, I felt I was missing something.  I don't like missing anything; so I purchased this 11 ga PC.

beowulf

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2014, 11:12 pm »
Wow, the connectors on these look excellent!  Is there any type of filtration/conditioning sort of tech when implemented within one's system?

Thanks!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2014, 02:17 am »
Good question! I have no idea.  :green: Well, maybe a vague guess.... any cable acts as a filter in the technical sense as the cable has an LCR (inductance, capacitance, resistance) that defines it electrically. I think though, that you mean a filter in a more everyday way, as in removing noise. In that case I'd say no. I think we don't know everything about the subject though, so it's good to keep an open mind.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2014, 08:16 pm »
Here's a review of my PL11 power cable:

Hi Dave,

I received the power cable last Friday and I listened to it the whole weekend non-stop. What could I say, all your products never stop to impress me and perform much better than I expected.

I own few high-end/expensive power cables that made from UPOCC copper wires, and made from ultra pure litz copper with Bybee filter, and also cable with neodymium magnet and exotic secret filter sticks. But none can give full and balance sounding front and back, also balance top to bottom with each instrument and vocal clearly separated with enough air and natural decay as compared to ZenWave power cable.

For example, one of my cable gives very good clarity with perceived good dynamics, but it is more forward sounding with constricted image vertically and lack of depth, it gives perception of the power line is not clean enough. However, I got a dedicated power line for hifi with balanced-power design and very passive filtering and dedicated ground line, I don't know where is the weakest links. Once I swapped with your power cable, it was perfect and I knew I got very good power supply built.

When listening to Doug MacLeod or Muddy Water, with ZenWave cable, the music sounds tonally balanced and full, the music 'breathes' freely like a knife cut through butter, feels very live like and lots of jump factor. I can sit far away doing my job and still enjoy it very much. But other cables sound comparatively dull and not musical enough.

If anyone is interested in a demo please send a me a PM or email.  :thumb: