LampizatOr Amber DAC Holiday Season Group Buy (EARLY ADOPTER INCENTIVE)

Gopher

Since taking over distribution for LampizatOr in North America a year ago, Robert and myself have done what we can to “trim the fat” and make prices as affordable and accessible to real people as possible.

While I feel we’ve been tremendously successful in our campaign to get deeply musical LampizatOr products into the homes and hearts of many, the reality remains that a $4000+ purchase is a lot of money for most.

Your requests have been heard!!!  After much deliberation and planning we are pleased to announce the Amber DAC will be coming to North America!

We are now taking orders for a group buy of Amber DACs generously equipped as follows:

Amber DAC Black, blue eye ring
One USB with PCM32 bit / 384 kHz
DSD  64 -128
Auto-sensing PCM/DSD
1 Toslink/SPDIF input up to 192/24 bit
Premium Capacitors
3 years warranty

THE FIRST TEN (10) DACS PURCHASED WILL BE SOLD AT $1995!!!

After the first ten sell these will be available for $2250 + 150 DHL Expedited Shipping

Available options are:

Balanced      $800
Volume Control SE:    $800
Volume Control Bal:   $900

This is your opportunity to get a LampizatOr DAC which will play all your pcm, high res,  DSD and double DSD!!!

Orders will be filled as groups of 5 or more DACs are sold and will continue for a limited time through the holiday season.

Please contact me directly to inquire about balanced offerings/customization.

NOTE:  Please be sure you are ready to purchase when you commit.  Rob and I have to pay for cancelled orders.  Margins are thin on these Ambers as is, and we cannot offer this incentive if we are forced to hold inventory.
« Last Edit: 8 Dec 2014, 03:54 pm by Gopher »

Gopher

Re: AMBER ALERT!!! - LampizatOr Holiday Season Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2014, 01:41 pm »
2 Ambers down!  We need 3 more commitments to fill the first group buy order.   :thumb:

For those of you hesitating due to the "new-ness" of the amber, have no fear!   We wouldn't give it the LampizatOr name if it didn't have the magic consistent with the rest of our line. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2014, 01:50 pm »
Is it solid state or tubed?

What driver will it use for Windows?

studiotech

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:14 pm »
2 Ambers down!  We need 3 more commitments to fill the first group buy order.   :thumb:

For those of you hesitating due to the "new-ness" of the amber, have no fear!   We wouldn't give it the LampizatOr name if it didn't have the magic consistent with the rest of our line.

Is the DSD decoding the same tech as the normal DSD DAC on your webpage?  Any picts of the rear?

Greg

prokennex

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:24 pm »
Is it solid state or tubed?

What driver will it use for Windows?

+1

Also is this the starter of the Lampizator dacs? Can it be upgraded?

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:26 pm »
Hey BRM!

The DAC is indeed tubed--both rectification and output stage and sounds really darn good.  The driver used for the USB section is diyinhk 2.0.

Greg,

The DSD decoding is not the same as the LampizatOr DSD Module.  DSD is handled on the amber by a sabre DAC chip which handles both PCM and DSD quite well.  Lukasz voiced this circuit very well and although it is not the equivalent of his own module (which is basically a filter) it is a fantastic solution at any price.

Gopher

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:04 pm »
+1

Also is this the starter of the Lampizator dacs? Can it be upgraded?

That is correct.  The Amber is the new entry level for LampizatOr DACs.  It is significantly better than our former Level 3 DAC and led to it being discontinued.  Skepticism is expected, but this DAC is startlingly good...  I look forward to getting some domestic feedback on it.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:14 pm »
Hey Fred, there are skeptics who poo poo anything Sabre these days.  Can you alleviate those concerns with some comments about Lukasz's implementation?  He certainly is ingenius.

worldcat

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:48 pm »
How well does this Dac sound compared to others near or in price range?

Gopher

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:55 pm »
Pete,

I'll ask Lukasz what can be commented on and reply more fully shortly, but in a nutshell, Lukasz is a very out of the box thinker and treats components like DAC chips more like analog devices understanding he can play with the implementation, parts selection and choices and other variables to effect the net sound.   He typically doesn't like to disclose what chip is being used as it prejudices people before they even hear the implementation.  In the case of the PCM/DSD Amber, he went against this "mums the word" policy to explain and avoid misunderstanding on the DSD section.

Hi Worldcat,

The Amber sounds far better than it has a right to and aside from other LampizatOr products, I don't think it is bested at 2-3x its price.  I'm quite eager to get them into some independent hands and let the unit speak for itself.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2014, 05:06 pm »
How well does this Dac sound compared to others near or in price range?

I'd be interested in having it go side by side with my Chord Qute EX dsd unit (espacially since it is in the same price range and all solid state with Chords proprietary chipset).  Especially when I get my new Exoticas.

sruffle

« Reply #11 on: 18 Oct 2014, 01:37 am »
Unfortunately, I am not in the market for a DAC until 2015.  This looks very exciting and is in the right price range for a lot of people.  I hope this initial run does well and look forward to trying one at some point.

SearchOfSub

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2014, 02:26 am »
Just when I had bought the Chord Hugo, I come upon this thread... jeez.

sfox7076

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2014, 02:31 am »
Hugo is nice.  My Lampi Big 7 blows my Hugo away and it has been on maybe 10 hours tops.

Gopher

New incentive for first ten units.

SearchOfSub

• Restricted
Hello, does the Amber use sabre dac? Does it also have balanced XLR connection?

Gopher

It does indeed use a Sabre DAC chip and Lukasz has implemented it *very* well to get a fantastic sound.

Balanced is an option for the amber DAC though not the default. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Balanced is an option for the amber DAC though not the default.
Is it an actual balanced unit or just XLR connectors? 

rpf

Hi Fred,

What tubes does the Amber use? What are the "premium" caps used?

Rob

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Hello, Fred.

Could you offer up a comparison or 'bang for my buck' information of this new DAC vs. the Level 4 DAC? Additionally, once 5 orders have been made, when do you suppose delivery would be made?

Thank you,

Michael