Confused about Jriver 19 set up.

battermoose11

Confused about Jriver 19 set up.
« on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:29 am »
Can anyone help me figure out what settings I should be using for setting up Jriver 19 on my Dell Laptop. Win 7 64 .Instructions  that I have seen on-line seem to be outdated for 19. Some of the drop down selections for output don't show up as described in the guide from audioquest. I am trying to use my usb  Schiit Modi and it recognizes it when plugged in, but how do I know I am using the WASAPI driver???

srb

Re: Confused about Jriver 19 set up.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:51 am »
In JRiver go to Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device and from the dropdown under it select YourUSBDAC [WASAPI]

The click on Device Settings and look at options you may want to enable such as
  -  Open device for exclusive access (will disable any other system sounds during playback)
  -  Maximize device volume during playback (if you will be using an analog volume control downstream)

And under Settings
  -  Play files from memory instead of disk
  -  Under DSP & output format you may want to customize downsampling if you have files with higher sample rates than 96KHz.

Because my DAC is 24/96 (like your Schiit Modi), I left all sample rates up to 96KHz unchanged and downsampled 176.4KHz to 88.2KHz (even multiple) and 192KHz to 96KHz.

Take a look at the rest of the various settings on the JRiver Audio options page to customize how you want the player to operate.

Steve

battermoose11

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2014, 05:18 am »
Thanks Steve, I will make these changes and see what happens, thank you again. 8)

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:13 pm »
You've also got the forum support.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=32.0

Thanks Steve, I just got some hi-rez files and I need to check up on my JRiver hi-rez conversion status.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:25 pm »

I created two detailed video screencasts for this exact reason.  Others have said they were helpful.  Please feel free to download them and ask any questions.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121419.0