TV show Ray Donovan

mcgsxr

TV show Ray Donovan
« on: 31 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm »
Not sure how I missed this one until now.

A nice dose of Soprano's type plotlines, but with way wackier topics and a ton of swearing.

Liev Shreiber does a great job as the lead, I can see why it has gone into a 3rd season.  Love Jon Voight in it too, though I keep getting flashes of Walken (which would have been awesome).

Playing catch up now!

I also like Banshee and The Red Road to fill the gap left by the Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

Chazro

Re: TV show Ray Donovan
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2014, 08:59 am »
Ray Donovan's my favorite TV show right now.  I'm a big Walken fan also but Jon Voight is perfect, the whole cast is spot on.  BTW, currently it's the middle of the 2nd season!;)

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2014, 06:38 am »
Love this show...never know what's going to happen next.

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 6 Aug 2014, 12:16 pm »
Apologies for thinking it was in the 3rd season, I am streaming it and thought I saw a 3rd season there.

Agree that Voight does a great job in his role, I am just a Walken nut and noticed some similarities in some of the delivery.

I really enjoyed season 1, but will admit I see more and more parallels with the Soprano's with season 2 going as it is.

Still really liking though!

Chazro

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2014, 04:50 pm »
Wow!  Last nights episode was the best one of 2 seasons!  Easily as good as ANY episode of oft-compared-to the Sopranos!  Coming from this die hard Sopranos fan that says a lot!  And as incredible as it was, is how incredibly bad the series finale of True Blood was.  A true train wreck of Dexter-ian proportions!;)  It's bewildering to see once-entertaining shows so obviously run out of creative gas and than crash & burn!

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2014, 09:53 pm »
Ugh, every time someone mentions the Dexter finale I just start getting sick to my stomach lol. What an absolutely horrible job they did on that episode...

As for Ray Donovan, I was loving how we got to see another side of Ray's character (even though he was very socially lubricated), and then I noticed at the end it was Liev Schreiber (sp?) who directed it. When I saw that, I figured it wasn't a coincidence. I loved the scene at the end with him and his son dancing to 80s music.