Finally got dream car (mostly)

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
Re: Finally got dream car (mostly)
« Reply #60 on: 25 Jul 2016, 06:19 pm »
I have a rare bird VW, MK 5 2007 Wolfsburg with a 2.0L Turbo.  Does 32 MPG hwy and still 0-60 in around 6s becasue it has the DSG 6 spd from that year.  It is beat to hell thanks to the way my wife drives it but still runs like a gem with 100k miles on it.  I will probably drive it until the wheels fall off.

I always thought I wanted some over the top dream car, but I just want something paid off.  We are on the market for an old Touareg 2 with new kids on the way.  Love me some VW and Audi.

drphoto

« Reply #61 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:52 pm »
I love the Mk5 styling. always wanted a Gti, but these days they all have a ton of miles. still I'm glad I got the wagon, but boy I wish it had the 2.0T. Oh well, at least the 2.5L is considered fairly bulletproof.

drphoto

« Reply #62 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:13 am »

here's just a quick snapshot of car. In no way does this demonstrate how I can shoot cars if getting paid BTW!!  :)

When install suspension the wheel opening will close up. But it will not look 'slammed'. I may add a color matched chin spoiler if I go nuts.

I guess you can see that's a pretty serious set of tires for an econo box. I think it's partly why it corners so well. Other reason is fully IRS and those german engineers just know their shit. Even if they fudge the on diesel emission data! (but I think that was the bosses, who are the same all over the world)

drphoto

« Reply #63 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:23 am »
debadged hatch like they do in Europe for cleaner look. Easy with heat gun, dental floss & a little bit of polish compound.

BTW: I shot this pic in near total darkness. Yeah dig cam.

someday I'll get an all black plate frame & drop the ad for the dealer!

Doublej

« Reply #64 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:29 am »
Can you just reverse the plastic license plate holder to get rid of the dealer advertisement?

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #65 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:30 am »
I got a carbon fiber license plate frame on ebay for pretty cheap...  :green:

drphoto

« Reply #66 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:34 am »
that's a no on flipping the frame. Good idea, but it's scalloped or curved. so no go. hell, I figure they're like what $5 at auto zone.

drphoto

« Reply #67 on: 26 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm »
here's the dash. No nonsense, straightforward. But top quality soft touch materials. SQ of radio is fairly poor. Only beef. Heated seats, multiway adjust inc lumbar. Yes, they are cloth, which I actually prefer. Leather looks great, but hotter in summer, colder in winter and it eventually starts to crack. Easier to clean though. Cloth is grippy to when doing crazy cornering. Tilt and telescopic steering wheel. No, I don't have the cool flat bottom with radio control buttons. (anyone who lives in Louisville area will recognize radio is tuned to local NPR station,  :)

Oh and weather tech. laser cut floor pans. Pricey but worth it.

Oh man, I just met the woman who owns the B&B next door. She is friggin HOT!. Blonde, slim. mid 30's. Drives an Audi. damn!
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2016, 02:40 pm by drphoto »

drphoto

« Reply #68 on: 26 Jul 2016, 11:36 pm »
Anyone tried Goodrich G Force summer tires? They get great ratings on tirerack.com but are pretty cheap for a performance tire. Like $120 a pop ( I think the Michelin Pilot Sports Cups are more like $250!!

Doublej

« Reply #69 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:04 am »
I must say I like the circa 2002 VW dashes better. Save your tire money and upgrade the whole car. Women rarely date a lower car class.

drphoto

« Reply #70 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:33 am »
I would not be interested in any woman who thinks a car matters.   :nono: I'd rather find one who thinks this one is cool. I mean if a car makes a statement, it says I don't give a crap about image. And that's cool to some people. Hopefully, this gal I met today is of that sort. I'm not getting my hopes up, but damn....still nice eye candy and it's good to know the neighbors.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #71 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:41 am »
Anyone tried Goodrich G Force summer tires? They get great ratings on tirerack.com but are pretty cheap for a performance tire. Like $120 a pop ( I think the Michelin Pilot Sports Cups are more like $250!!

Not sure about the model you are asking about, but I do trust tirerack's ratings.

Personally, I have only used Pilot Super Sports on my M3, 335, and S4.

If I was looking to save a little, I would try the Conti Extremes.

George

drphoto

« Reply #72 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:54 am »
Yeah, I really want the Michelen Pilots, but this A/S tires are holding up despite my lead foot. Do need to rotate when I put in the suspension. Front's take a beating.I could live with these tires. They're not bad at all. Suck in snow, but pretty grippy on dry or wet. But I can easily spin off line, even with auto trans. summer rubber might hook up quicker.

I'm gonna get the old T&C van running again for snow (just needs alternator, no biggie) Van not great in snow, but better than wagon. Plus if someone runs into it or I wreck.......I don't care. It's worth maybe $200.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #73 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:58 am »
Yeah, I really want the Michelen Pilots, but this A/S tires are holding up despite my lead foot. Do need to rotate when I put in the suspension. Front's take a beating.I could live with these tires. They're not bad at all. Suck in snow, but pretty grippy on dry or wet. But I can easily spin off line, even with auto trans. summer rubber might hook up quicker.

I'm gonna get the old T&C van running again for snow (just needs alternator, no biggie) Van not great in snow, but better than wagon. Plus if someone runs into it or I wreck.......I don't care. It's worth maybe $200.

Why not just put snows on it?

I definitely drove my 335 and S4 in the winter.

The M3 has snows on it, but I would only use it in an emergency.  I drive a 2001 A6 or 2007 Mini Cooper S during the winter months in the Northeast.

George

drphoto

« Reply #74 on: 27 Jul 2016, 01:28 am »
yeah, but I look at the crash potential. don't care about that crappy van. i might put snows on it. snow tires matter. I know dudes who live in hill country and do ok in M's with snow tires. Sure van would be fine. A/S just don't really cut it. I mean maybe they do ok in cold on dry, but about it.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #75 on: 27 Jul 2016, 03:02 am »
Congrats on your car and great thread with cool cars. 

All the wagon photos made me find one of my '08 Saab Aero wagon.  I have two boys in car seats so the wagon won out over a van or SUV for me.  This has been a great car so far and it has the 2.8 v6 turbo which isn't efficient but it is pretty fun to drive around town.  For my next car I am looking to get a BMW wagon like BRM posted (beautiful) or more likely a 2010 535 wagon if I can track one down when the time comes. 

drphoto

« Reply #76 on: 27 Jul 2016, 10:39 am »
sweet ride nick. always thought those were cool.

LadyDog

« Reply #77 on: 27 Jul 2016, 02:26 pm »
Oh man, I just met the woman who owns the B&B next door. She is friggin HOT!. Blonde, slim. mid 30's. Drives an Audi. damn!

Nice looking ride Doc. 

Now how about a pic of your neighbor.  Or her ride.  ;)

Someday I'll probably back to the wagon crowd.  Here is one of mine from the past.

drphoto

« Reply #78 on: 27 Jul 2016, 02:35 pm »
damn that is sweet! Ultra rare Lexus IS 250??? If so, I've never seen one in the wild. Only pics.

I just realized neighbor looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar.....you know Buffy? (one of my favorite tv shows)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #79 on: 27 Jul 2016, 03:09 pm »
I can't find any good pics of my 2001 S4 Avant, but here is a generic one:

Best wagon I have owned and a BEAST in the snow!!

George